Themes Download section on In-Portal.com

Dmitry A.

Jan 20, 2011, 10:01:01 PM1/20/11
to in-porta...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

We are getting ready to publish new free In-Portal themes. They are mostly free HTML templates provided by the Template Monster and integrated into In-Portal.

The question is about Themes Download section we have on In-Portal.com website ( http://www.in-portal.com/support-downloads/themes.html ). We are planning to have about 20 news themes so I believe it's time to think whether any changes required to the current download page to better accommodate the amount of themes we are going to have, or we should stick to the same page design/usability for now?

Opinions with explanations are welcome!

DA

Alexander Obuhovich

Jan 21, 2011, 2:02:26 AM1/21/11
to in-porta...@googlegroups.com
Since website width is limited, then we can't really display more then 1 theme thumbnail in the same row. I imagined it like "Most Visited" functionality in "Google Chrome". You can click on thumbnail to see thickbox with more information or just go to theme detail page.

Best Regards,

http://www.in-portal.com
http://www.alex-time.com

Phil -- wbtc.fr --

Jan 21, 2011, 10:28:58 AM1/21/11
to in-porta...@googlegroups.com
I would recommend to submit them to template monster catalog, this would give us a nice visibility :-)

Alexander Obuhovich

Jan 21, 2011, 11:15:09 AM1/21/11
to in-porta...@googlegroups.com
That templates are taken from template monster at first place. Why we need to put them back. Maybe only like theme usage samples somehow.

Phil -- wbtc.fr --

Jan 21, 2011, 11:21:31 AM1/21/11
to in-porta...@googlegroups.com
because there is allready a section for os-commerce, prestashop, wordpress... all competitors have templates here, the goal is to sell through this website, and designers will code templates for InPortal if they now it'll do good sales ;-)

Dmitry A.

Jan 21, 2011, 12:28:59 PM1/21/11
to in-porta...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your opinion Alex and Phil.

As yo putting things on Template Monster - we'll definitely will do that. May be not right away, but shortly since there are some legal things to consider first.

Cheers!

DA