Group Logos and Designs

ky4ep

Feb 9, 2009, 8:32:05 PM2/9/09
to In-portal Design & Interfaces
Welcome to the In-portal Design and Interfaces group! The purpose of
this group to work on designs and interfaces for In-portal and
infrastructure.

One or the first things I'd like to dicuss is the looks of the Google
groups that we are creating for each team.

I put together logos for each of the groups + one for future use:
http://in-portal-design.googlegroups.com/web/in-portal-ALL-LOGOS.png

My suggestion is to color code teams (with the use of logos) and
custom color schemes in each group. This will help to visually
distinguish them in listings, as well as when a group is loaded.

You can downloads the graphics here:
http://in-portal-design.googlegroups.com/web/In-portal+Groups.rar

As far as the look and feel of each group. It is under Group settings
> Appearance:

1) Group Logo - has to be 42x42 on a transparent background

2) I did a custom look for my groups. If you need help designing the
group, invite me to yours and give me management access - I will set
it up for you.

Please let me know what you think of the logos!

ky4ep

Feb 10, 2009, 3:23:58 PM2/10/09
to In-portal Design & Interfaces
Anyone? It feels lonely in this group....:)

Ilya

Feb 11, 2009, 2:32:32 PM2/11/09
to In-portal Design & Interfaces
Andrew, I'm here, and you called my group "Translation Team"!

Dmitry

Feb 11, 2009, 2:41:21 PM2/11/09
to in-porta...@googlegroups.com
Yes, Ilya is right - I think we haven't decided on renaming Localization to Translation yet.

Voting is till up and I we need to see more opinions.

Andrew, how hard would be to adjust the text so we have both Options available for review?

Best Regards,

Dmitry V. Andrejev

ky4ep

Feb 11, 2009, 6:11:14 PM2/11/09
to In-portal Design & Interfaces
It will cost you a lunch. :)

You guys decide! I think Translation makes more sense but whatever is
more common in the indsutry.

Let me know!

What's up with other groups, are we going to recolor pur in the
logos?
> > > Please let me know what you think of the logos!- Hide quoted text -

Gene Averbuch

Feb 11, 2009, 6:14:09 PM2/11/09
to in-porta...@googlegroups.com
translation makes more sense because you can't mistake it for anything else...there's only one meaning,.  which is not the case with 'localization', even though localization sounds fancier

Dmitry

Feb 11, 2009, 6:20:57 PM2/11/09
to in-porta...@googlegroups.com
I'll trade that lunch with you on the beer you own me for hosting services we got from Viconline ;)

We have more things to do then just to translate - we need to make sure we correctly do Tax calculation since it's different in EU and US and other things. I can really list minimum 3-4 which would related to locality. It's not that I don't like Translation - I just think Localization is broader term that we should utilize to otherwise all localization questions will be going either in In-Portal Development or Community.

Also, I saw Localization term in other projects pretty often these days.

DA.

> > > As far as the look and feel of each group. It is under Group settings

> > > 1) Group Logo - has to be 42x42 on a transparent background
>
> > > 2) I did a custom look for my groups. If you need help designing the
> > > group, invite me to yours and give me management access - I will set
> > > it up for you.
>
> > > Please let me know what you think of the logos!- Hide quoted text -

Dmitry

Feb 11, 2009, 6:24:03 PM2/11/09
to in-porta...@googlegroups.com
All the Groups were setup and I am working on helping Alex with getting his 2 groups up to date.

Google just banned me from their Groups website for working too hard on the Home page design/text :)

DA.

Best Regards,

Dmitry V. Andrejev

On Feb 11, 1:41 pm, Dmitry <dandre...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, Ilya is right - I think we haven't decided on renaming Localization
> to Translation yet.
>
> Voting is till up and I we need to see more opinions.
>
> Andrew, how hard would be to adjust the text so we have both Options
> available for review?
>
> --
>
> --
> Best Regards,
>
> Dmitry V. Andrejev

Dmitry A.

Feb 11, 2009, 6:34:52 PM2/11/09
to In-portal Design & Interfaces
Andrew would you please adjust NAME of your Group to reflect our
common standards.

"In-portal Design & Interfaces" => "In-Portal Design & Interfaces"

Thx

DA

ky4ep

Feb 12, 2009, 7:02:28 PM2/12/09