Button color doesn't match other colors used in administrative console

Alexander Obuhovich

May 1, 2010, 2:34:40 PM5/1/10
to In-Portal Design
All administrative console is in light blue color, but button is in yellow color with gradient. That buttons have migrated unchanged from old In-Portal interface used in 4.x and previous In-Portal versions.

I propose to use blue or alike color and remove gradient (see attached images).

--
Best Regards,

http://www.in-portal.com
http://www.alex-time.com

current_admin_buttons.png
proposed_admin_button.png

Phil -- wbtc.fr --

May 1, 2010, 2:42:58 PM5/1/10
to in-porta...@googlegroups.com
this is actually easy to locate buttons using yellow, but if it's well done it could be also good in blue...

I personnaly think that all interface would need a more "actual" looking: all things could remain at the same place, but elements style could be updated... just look at magento interface for example. Users's trust in application relies on design only, as they don't read the code, the more this design looks actual, the better it'll be.

Dmitry Andrejev

May 2, 2010, 12:43:43 AM5/2/10
to in-porta...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Alex - looks better, but I would say we should add some more effects / looks to it.

DA.