One of the powerful features of Administrative Console in In-Portal are lists (grids).
Each list can have unlimited number of rows and columns. Each column can have a filter block above it, that allows to filter displayed rows based on data in that column.
Filters from different columns can be easily combined to get more specific results.
All list have following settings, that can be tuned once by "root" user and then automatically populated to all users, who tries to use them:
- item count to show per page
- columns to be used in default sorting
- visible columns, their order and widths
This was done for In-Portal installation, that have multiple (>10) administrator accounts with different permissions each. Then "root" user can setup layout for all other administrator users.
Recently (in In-Portal 5.1.3) I've found a side effect of that functionality: sorting set by "root" user in "Visitor Log" section (with In-Commerce installed) in Admin Console was populated to "Affiliate Statistics" page on Front-End resulting SQL error, because "OrderAffiliateCommissionSum" field used in sorting exists in Admin Console only.
There are several ways to fix it:
- have a setting UseDefaultSettings in each unit (enabled by default), to keep existing behavior
- don't use functionality described above on Front-End at all