Get email address of purchaser from postback

Isaac Waller

Feb 24, 2013, 11:10:46 PM2/24/13
to in-app-...@googlegroups.com
In my postback, I need to get the email address of the purchaser so that I can send them a link to what they just purchased. However I must be missing something as I cannot find out how to get the Google account email of the purchaser. I know that you can view their email address in the Merchant Center, but I need a way to get it programmatically. Is this possible?

Thanks for the help.

Mihai Ionescu

Feb 25, 2013, 12:02:02 PM2/25/13
to in-app-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Isaac,

The API has been designed to offer an in-app experience, which means the customer never leaves your website during the transaction. Thus, you can deliver the digital content link on your website immediately after you receive the purchase confirmation.

Alternatively you can directly ask the customer to enter an email address or create an account on your site.

For privacy reasons, the generic JWT fields only contain order information. You can pass through additional order and customer data in the 'sellerData' field (make sure you encrypt any sensitive info).

Thanks,
Mihai

On Sun, Feb 24, 2013 at 8:10 PM, Isaac Waller <isaacwa...@gmail.com> wrote:
In my postback, I need to get the email address of the purchaser so that I can send them a link to what they just purchased. However I must be missing something as I cannot find out how to get the Google account email of the purchaser. I know that you can view their email address in the Merchant Center, but I need a way to get it programmatically. Is this possible?

Thanks for the help.

Isaac Waller

Feb 25, 2013, 12:09:04 PM2/25/13
to in-app-...@googlegroups.com