Chrome Licensing API + Google Wallet. Do they not know about each other?

Alan Dert

Jan 23, 2013, 1:20:28 AM1/23/13
to in-app-...@googlegroups.com
I have a Chrome application which I want to make paid. There is Chrome Licensing API https://developers.google.com/chrome/web-store/docs/get_started for that.
I read it pretty deeply and I thought that it was what I need to do to sell my Chrome application in the test mode: I started to use OpenID authentication and then I make a call to   Licensing API to check if an user have paid or not....

But it turns out that Google Wallet doesn't use Chrome Licensing API at all.

So it that right that Google Wallet doesn't know about Chrome Licensing API and to sell a Chrome application I only need to use Google Wallet? (I decided not to use any third-party library and only use Google services).

Alan Dert

Jan 28, 2013, 12:54:52 AM1/28/13
to in-app-...@googlegroups.com
does anybody not know?

Joe Marini

Jan 31, 2013, 7:50:16 PM1/31/13
to in-app-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alan,

That's correct - the two APIs are unrelated.

The Chrome Web Store licensing API was implemented when we first built the store to check for paid apps - that is, apps that you pay to download and use, not for in-app payments. Since the Chrome Web Store processes those payments, it was entirely controlled by the CWS.

The Wallet In-App payments API is separate, and not tracked by the CWS.

Joe

On Sunday, January 27, 2013 9:54:52 PM UTC-8, Alan Dert wrote:
does anybody not know?