Postback for monthly subscription

Adhi

Oct 16, 2012, 9:12:33 AM10/16/12
to in-app-...@googlegroups.com
Hi
I've listed my app in Google market place. I'm going to using Google Wallet for billing. I need clarifications on the following points.
  1. Does Google sends the HTTP POST message to the postback URL for every month in case of monthly subscriptions? If not how do the merchants will get notified for every month transaction status whether its success/failure?
  2. Does the api supports altering the existing subscription. This is needed when my customer wants to add/remove the number of users for the application. If not does the api supports cancellation? so that I'll create new subscription order with the revised prices.
Thanks
Adhi

Mihai Ionescu

Oct 17, 2012, 1:05:45 AM10/17/12
to in-app-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Adhi,

1. After the subscription is setup, you will receive a postback only when the subscription is cancelled:

2. Currently the merchant can cancel or refund a subscription from the Merchant Center. We are working on adding API support for cancellations and refunds.

Thanks,
Mihai

Adhi

Oct 17, 2012, 3:54:56 AM10/17/12
to in-app-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mihai,
Thanks for your quick response.
  1. Fine. But it'll be helpful if we get any acknowledgement for every month even for success.
  2. Is there any other way to alter the subscription price with out manual intervention.
Thanks
Adhi.

Mihai Ionescu

Oct 17, 2012, 9:04:22 PM10/17/12
to in-app-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Adhi,

Thanks for the feedback.
Currently you can change the subscription from the Merchant Center only. We hope to have a programmatic solution in the next few months.

Thanks,
Mihai

SAPessi

Dec 13, 2012, 6:52:56 AM12/13/12
to in-app-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mihai,

I'm looking into the same thing. Could you please let us know when this is implemented and we can receive a call every time a payment is made in the subscription.

Stefano

Ramon Lluis Felip

Feb 5, 2013, 6:01:39 PM2/5/13
to in-app-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I'm also interested in the same thing, a monthly ack or charge notification.

But in the meantime, let me expose an scenario and a question

1 - A company server that host the postback url is down (has an outage)
2 - A customer cancels the subscription during this outage
3 - Google Server is not able to notify the cancellation at the event time.

In this scenario, would Google retry the notification after XX (seconds - minutes - hours - days ... ) ?

Kindly,
Ramon

El dijous 13 de desembre de 2012 12:52:56 UTC+1, SAPessi va escriure:

Filipe Regadas

May 15, 2013, 6:34:05 AM5/15/13
to in-app-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm also interested on this! can anyone provide more feedback?

Thx,