Postback Never Called

Steve Basile

Mar 27, 2013, 1:55:52 PM3/27/13
to in-app-...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

    I am working in the sandbox and developing locally right now.  After I hit the buy button I get the

Unfortunately, we could not confirm your purchase with the merchant's server. Your order has been canceled. Please contact the merchant if the problem continues.

In the

Page I am setting

Postback URL: as -> http://localhost/postback

I have also tried  http//127.0.0.1/postback and http//127.0.0.1:8888/postback

But no messages get posted to my postback!

Am I using the correct Postback URL to test locally?

How do I get to work on the sandbox locally?

Mihai Ionescu

Mar 27, 2013, 2:05:20 PM3/27/13
to in-app-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Steve,

The postback url has to be publicly accessible (it is being called by a google.com server).
Localhost will not work as it is only accessible to your local server.

You can test the integration without the postback by leaving the Postback URL field blank in your merchant settings page.
Once that works as expected you will need a server for the Postback URL. You can try AppEngine, please see an example here:

Thanks,
Mihai

Steve Basile

Mar 27, 2013, 2:36:32 PM3/27/13
to in-app-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Mihai,

     I was afraid this was the case and II would have to debug the postback code on a deployed version.  I guess I will stop trying to get it working locally now.