iPhone X question re photos

1 view

Pam Smothers

Nov 9, 2017, 4:01:11 PM11/9/17
to IMUG Users
Just got my iPhone X two days ago. Somehow, it uploaded ALL my photos (3000+) from my iMac. I want to delete the majority of these photos from the iPhone, but the "delete" bucket is missing or grayed out when selecting an album, or any photos within an album. Any ideas? Thanks, Pam

suyog kangutkar

Nov 12, 2017, 10:24:34 AM11/12/17
to imug-...@googlegroups.com
May b u might have kept photo sharing on cloud of new iphone while signing in with Apple Id

You need to go to settings/ icloud/ photosharing to be turned off..

Also, may be from imac aswell u might have to turn off photosharing off on imac.

--
IMUG Website: www.imug.in
---

Shaswat Singh

Nov 12, 2017, 10:32:39 AM11/12/17
to imug-...@googlegroups.com

Hi!

This happens when you sync your Mac photographs on your iPhone. It becomes a separate Album on your iPhone which cannot be directly deleted from iPhone.

Do this-

  1. In iTunes select the device icon in the Devices List on the left. ....
  2. Choose Sync photos from, being iPhoto or Aperture on a Mac and Photoshop Album or Photoshop Elements on a Windows PC.
  3. Choose Select Albums and deselect the albums or collections you want to delete.
  4. Click Apply.

Alternative-

iCloud Photo Library

Regards,
Shaswat

On Fri, 10 Nov 2017 at 2:31 AM, Pam Smothers <pam.smo...@gmail.com> wrote:
Just got my iPhone X two days ago. Somehow, it uploaded ALL my photos (3000+) from my iMac. I want to delete the majority of these photos from the iPhone, but the "delete" bucket is missing or grayed out when selecting an album, or any photos within an album. Any ideas? Thanks, Pam

--
IMUG Website: www.imug.in
---
Sent from Gmail Mobile

--
IMUG Website: www.imug.in
---

Smothers Pam

Nov 12, 2017, 10:56:36 AM11/12/17
to imug-...@googlegroups.com
Shaswat - MANY THANKS!!!
Did it - Done - reduced the photos in my iPhone from over 3,000 to 71… WOOT💥💥💥
Thank you SO MUCH👍🏼

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "IMUG Users" group.

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/imug-users.

Pam's YouTube 🎶 http://www.youtube.com/user/DubletoeDancer (✿◠‿◠)•.¸ღ