Unable to search messages on iPhone 6

suyog kangutkar

Mar 6, 2019, 6:54:03 AM3/6/19
to imug-...@googlegroups.com

Hi all,

since last few months, i am unable to search any messages by name on Message App.

earlier by name or content, i was able to search , now all of sudden unable to search, hence becomes difficult to search any message,as have to scroll down in list of messages.

Is any one facing same issue.

kindly help if any solution.

--

Thnx & Regards
Suyog S.Kangutkar

Vishal Sheth

Mar 6, 2019, 10:29:45 PM3/6/19
to IMUG
Restart and check. Are you on latest OS?

Vishal Sheth

--
IMUG Website: www.imug.in
---

suyog kangutkar

Mar 7, 2019, 1:50:27 AM3/7/19
to imug-...@googlegroups.com
Yes sir, restarted many times also current iOS version is 12.1.4 (assume this been latest).

Vishal Sheth

Mar 7, 2019, 2:32:06 AM3/7/19
to IMUG
Pull down is also not happening?

Vishal Sheth

suyog kangutkar

Mar 7, 2019, 4:43:41 AM3/7/19
to imug-...@googlegroups.com
whats that?

Vishal Sheth

Mar 7, 2019, 4:45:58 AM3/7/19
to IMUG
How do you search for message?

Vishal Sheth

Vishal Sheth

Mar 7, 2019, 4:53:59 AM3/7/19
to IMUG

suyog kangutkar

Mar 7, 2019, 5:10:01 AM3/7/19
to imug-...@googlegroups.com
Tried all options , still it doesnt work.

When i enter name of a sender or any content , nothing is shown.
i feel eventually, upgared of version is actually downgrading the usage.

Even that 5k wala android allows search in message but not iOS.
Disheartening.

Any other alternative sir,

Neeraj Bijlani

Mar 7, 2019, 5:33:09 AM3/7/19
to imug-...@googlegroups.com
Just scroll all your messages manually by repeatedly swiping till you reach your oldest message and then search

Also if you have used iCloud to restore then it will take few days before you can search everything till full restore on WiFi has happened

Dr Neeraj Bijlani

suyog kangutkar

Mar 7, 2019, 5:54:57 AM3/7/19
to imug-...@googlegroups.com
tried scrolling couple of times, still no luck. Also devices was restored on mac & not on iCloud.

Does any one  else face similar issue.

suraj jagtap

Mar 23, 2019, 5:11:34 AM3/23/19
to imug-...@googlegroups.com
I think need to buy new iPhone. Same happened with my Windows Phone. These companies are very smart, and keeps Operating system changed.

suraj jagtap

Mar 23, 2019, 5:13:26 AM3/23/19
to imug-...@googlegroups.com
Old is Gold, my LG 10yr old, still works