[IMS Group] Mailing list changes and announcement for IMS/NGNPlugfest 7

1 view

Manuel Vexler

Apr 25, 2009, 3:37:49 PM4/25/09
to imsg...@imsforum.org
Dear IMS Group members,

MAILING CHANGES FOR OUR GROUP:

You may have noticed the lack of postings to the email list in the last week or so. Our servers reached their limits and while we are looking for other possible solutions, we decided to move our discussions to the LinkedIn discussion tab on the group. To post and review other postings, please follow these steps:
- Logon on your LinkedIn account
- Select 'Groups' on the left panel of the LinkedIn
- Select the "IMS  Group "
- Select "Discussions"

IMS/NGN FORUM ANNOUNCES PLUGFEST 7 FOCUSING on the IMS CONTROL PLANE and DIAMETER

Plugfest 7™ starting on June 1st, 2009 provides telecom vendors a flexible infrastructure and methodology through which participants can exercise and test interfaces which provide  the control and data management for IMS and NGN.

The adoption of IMS Charging-supported interfaces by many standard bodies and specifications is the driving force behind the development of this Plugfest. The testing strategy is designed to cover protocol conformance, functional support and application support at all interfaces that use the Diameter protocol.  The goal is to realize a comprehensive and open test environment to validate a IMS based infrastructure. Example of Interfaces to be tested include 3GPP IMS (Cx, Sh, Rf, Ro, Rx), LTE (S9, S6a, S7, S10) and WIMAX (R3)

The test cycle is designed to validate and verify the DUT (Device Under Test) at the following levels:

  1. Basic Protocol Conformance:
    1. Connectivity and Peering
    2. Routing and Relaying of messages
    3. Redirect Agent providing routing instructions to peer node
  2. Interface Compliance testing: The 3GPP standards describe a number of different interfaces that use Diameter, and the tests at this level are designed to exercise the Diameter implementations according to the uses defined in these standards.
  3. Application and Feature Testing: This level tests that application are able to interoperate across the interface. This level of testing is necessary since different implementations may use different methods to meet the Diameter requirements.  These different methods may give rise to unexpected behaviors causing two compliant implementations to fail to interoperate.
  4. Load testing: This level tests the behavior of the control and data interfaces under a non- stressful load.

For more details or to register follow the link to the IMS/NGN Forum website at http://www.imsforum.org/plugfest or email in...@imsofrum.org

Best regards,
Manuel

Manuel Vexler
Chair Technical Working Group, IMS/NGN Forum

Work: 561-208-6495
Mobile: 561-289-8353
Email: tech...@imsforum.org
IM: mvexler (Skype)