[IMS Tech] IMS Emergency services doubts

Nuno Ribeiro

Mar 9, 2009, 10:40:27 AM3/9/09
to imsg...@imsforum.org, ims...@imsforum.org
Hi all,

I'm currently studying the topic IP Multimedia Subsystem emergency sessions (3GPP TS 23.167  V8.2) and I have some doubts about the architecture presented.
The interface between E-CSCF and LRF named as Ml is based in which protocol? There is any standard that defines it?
I would like to know more details about the Location Retrieval Function.  Where can I found more information about it?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
--
Nuno Ribeiro

Franz Edler

Mar 12, 2009, 1:58:53 AM3/12/09
to Nuno Ribeiro, imsg...@imsforum.org, ims...@imsforum.org
Hi Nuno,

> I'm currently studying the topic IP Multimedia Subsystem emergency
> sessions (3GPP TS 23.167 V8.2) and I have some doubts about the
> architecture presented.
> The interface between E-CSCF and LRF named as Ml is based in which
> protocol? There is any standard that defines it?

Looking into the IMS-book of Camarillo et. al. (3rd edition) I read:
The protocol that runs in the Ml interface, defined between E-CSCF and the
LRF, has not been specified at the time of writing.

> I would like to know more details about the Location Retrieval Function.
> Where can I found more information about it?

3GPP TS 23.271

Regards
Franz