[IMS Tech] Ml interface

Pandurangan R S

Mar 31, 2009, 1:38:13 AM3/31/09
to ims...@imsforum.org
Hi,

I am looking for details on the Ml interface. I could not find
anything more that what is given below after googling for around 1 hr.

"Ml reference point allows the E-CSCF to request the LRF (Location
Retrieval Function) to validate the location information received from
the UE, to determine or query the LRF for routing information to
emergency centers."

What is the protocol used for the Ml interface? Any references to the
related spec will be of great help.

Thanks
Pandu

John Niezen

Apr 2, 2009, 4:51:51 PM4/2/09
to Pandurangan R S, ims...@imsforum.org
Hi Pandu,

Although I'm not working on IMS anymore, I did remember that looking at
3gpp 23 series would be a start point.
Go to http://www.3gpp.org/ftp/Specs/html-info/23002.htm and try the
release that fits most for your work, or pick the latest.

Good luck,

John

Dan Warren

Apr 3, 2009, 3:14:51 AM4/3/09
to John Niezen, Pandurangan R S, ims...@imsforum.org
Pandu

Ml (and E-CSCF) is associated with Emergency Call for IMS. You won't find it in many specs at this point because the topic is still being studied and is subject of a 3GPP Study Item. To find what they have so far you need to look in the TR (not sure it will have got to John's reference below yet as it's not currently normative work). Try 23.869 (same link as John, just change the spec number), which will have all the latest.

Dan

Dan Warren I Director of Technology I GSM Association I +44 7795 300783 I dwa...@gsm.org

The GSMA is the global trade group for the mobile industry representing 750 GSM mobile phone operators across 219 countries and territories worldwide and over 200 manufacturers / suppliers www.gsmworld.com

It also produces the premier industry events including Mobile World Congress in Barcelona www.mobileworldcongress.com and Mobile Asia Congress www.mobileasiacongress.com

This email and its attachments are intended for the above named only and may be confidential. If they have come to you in error you must take no action based on them, nor must you copy or show them to anyone; please reply to this email or call +44 207 759 2300 and highlight the error.

Pandurangan R S

Apr 6, 2009, 12:21:35 AM4/6/09
to Dan Warren, ims...@imsforum.org
Thank you all for your replies. Looks like emergency services (mainly
the details regarding location information) looks to be something
which needs to go a long way from the standards point of view (for
IMS).

Thanks
Pandu