Maker Key

phill...@gmail.com

Mar 19, 2017, 7:16:09 PM3/19/17
to ImSmart.tech
My maker key contains characters that are not alphanumeric.  It contains an underscore and a hyphen.

Paul Dubé

Mar 19, 2017, 7:32:20 PM3/19/17
to ImSmart.tech
Hi,

Try again. I just updated the business logic to accomodate hyphen and underscore.

Paul

jamie....@gmail.com

Apr 6, 2017, 12:19:26 PM4/6/17
to ImSmart.tech
I'm trying to put in a maker key. It has hyphens but it's also a lot longer than your field. In addition, if I split it and take out hyphens, I still get a validation error.

Paul Dubé

Apr 6, 2017, 1:22:07 PM4/6/17
to ImSmart.tech
Hi Jamie,

hyphens and underscores are allowed. The length was limited to 30 characters. It just increased it to 40 characters.
There is also a check that is done with IFTTT to validate the key.

Let me know if it works now.

Paul

brad.r.ch...@gmail.com

Jan 19, 2018, 5:38:48 PM1/19/18
to ImSmart.tech
I've been getting no results trying to setup my maker key, looks like it might be because my key is longer than 40 characters.  Do you still have that limit?

Thanks,

Brad

ImSmart.tech

Jan 20, 2018, 9:49:26 AM1/20/18
to ImSmart.tech
Hi Brad,

There is no more limit of 40 characters.
Do you get any error message?

Can you try to call https://maker.ifttt.com/trigger/()/with/key/yourMakerKey      (replace yourMakerKey with your actual key)
Normally you should see "Congratulations! You've fired the something event"

Let me know.

Paul

brad.r.ch...@gmail.com

Jan 20, 2018, 10:48:46 AM1/20/18
to ImSmart.tech
Thanks Paul,

I don't get an error message, it's more like the Create Key button doesn't even try to do anything.

I do go get the congratulations message when I call my key.

Apologies for my lack of descriptive skills here.

-Brad

brad.r.ch...@gmail.com

Jan 20, 2018, 11:02:29 AM1/20/18
to ImSmart.tech
Hey,

I tried it from the Connectors Access page as opposed to the initial setup and it worked like a charm.  Excited to get started experimenting.  Thanks for your work here.

-Brad

Paul Dubé

Jan 20, 2018, 11:04:10 AM1/20/18
to ImSmart.tech
Great! I'll check for a possible issue on Initial Setup.

Thank you.

Paul

Paul Dubé

Jan 22, 2018, 2:56:20 PM1/22/18
to ImSmart.tech
Version 2.0.4 released.
  • Issue fix: creating a Maker Key in initial setup did not work.