Want to get value back into IFTTT to use in filter in the IFTTT flow

Andrew Macaulay

Nov 1, 2020, 11:30:57 AM11/1/20
to ImSmart.tech
Probably a bit of an unusual approach: I'm storing the status of Tado's home/away sensing (which uses great geofencing for multiple family members) to store a variable in ImSmart (AwayModeOn as a boolean) using TADO to set the value through a WebHook.

I want to retrieve this value so that I can use it in filters for my wider IFTTT flows that will be controlling my Lightwave lighting (currently trying this with IFTTT Pro for multiple steps) but tests using a WebHook in IFTTT to retrieve the value does not seem to be working!

The WebHook call https://www.imsmart.tech/API/Values/<GUID>/GetValue/ works fine from a browser but only returns the call status (200) and blanks when used from IFTTT (using GET). I have tried all the formats specifically supported in the WebHook IFTTT connector - application/json, application/www-x-form-urlencoded and text/plain.

I'm probably doing something stupid (or something that is not currently supported) so I would appreciate any pointers on how to get this working.

ImSmart.tech

Nov 29, 2020, 3:00:26 PM11/29/20
to ImSmart.tech
You're right it should be as simple as calling the URL.
The result should be something like this:
<string>False</string>

Please write a private email to admin(at)imsmart.tech and give me your ImSmart username (email) and Variable used so I can take a look.

Paul