Doubts about LTI role semantic

瀏覽次數:41 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Carlos Ors

未讀,
2012年2月8日 上午9:28:182012/2/8
收件者:ims-dev、Antoni
Hi,

I was implementing a LTI provider for Vanilla and I have some doubts about the meaning of the roles.

I have noticed that there are 3 types of role depending on whether it affects to System, Institution or Context.
I am focusing on the context roles but I have noticed that there is no role at this level to represent Other or Guest, which are Institution roles. Should I use Other or Guest with a full-qualified namespace for this case?

As well, I have a doubt between Member or Learner.  Which one is less than the other? What's the meaning of each one?

Where can I find the semantics of each role? The LTI standard vocabularies are taken verbatim from the LTI Messages [LTI, 10 MSS] documentation. but I haven't been able to find it in the IMS web site, even with my member account.

Thanks in advance.

--
Carlos Ors Giraldo
Cap de Projectes de Tecnologia Educativa

93 253 (5770) | co...@uoc.edu
Tibidabo 3 (Av. Tibidabo 45-47)
http://learningtechnologies.uoc.edu/carles-ors/

Universitat Oberta de Catalunya

Aquest missatge s´adreça exclusivament a qui va destinat i pot contenir informació privilegiada o confidencial i dades de caràcter personal, la difusió de les quals és regulada per la Llei orgànica de protecció de dades i la Llei de serveis de la societat de la informació. Si no sou la persona destinatària indicada (o la responsable de lliurar-lo a qui va destinat), no heu de copiar aquest missatge ni lliurar-lo a tercers per cap concepte. Si heu rebut aquest missatge per error o l´heu aconseguit per altres mitjans, us demanem que ens ho comuniqueu immediatament per aquesta mateixa via i l´elimineu irreversiblement.

Abans d´imprimir aquest missatge electrònic penseu en el medi ambient.

csev

未讀,
2012年2月8日 晚上8:39:462012/2/8
收件者:ims...@googlegroups.com、Antoni
I would suggest that you take a look at the LIS documentation for more detail o the roles:

The roles came from LIS originally.  If you scroll down on the page, you can see the specs at no cost.

In terms of your question of whether "Mentor < Learner" - I actually doubt that your will find an answer there.   The precise semantics of roles are generally left out of the specs.

Other questions are, "Is ContentCreator < Instructor"?  or "Is Admin < instructor"?

The spec leaves these questions unanswered.

It is one of the reasons that we focused LTI roles down to Instructor / Learner because they were something that most people can agree on the semantics.

/Chuck

回覆所有人
回覆作者
轉寄