IMS Basic LTI Provider Demonstration for Khan Academy

csev

Apr 22, 2011, 5:24:29 PM4/22/11
to ims...@googlegroups.com
This is a purely demonstration project after a few hours of hacking. I made a copy of the Khan Academy Exercise software and put it up on Google App Engine. I then modified it to accept IMS Basic LTI launches and auto-provision accounts and auto-connect Learners to Instructors as coaches. So the need to make a separate Khan Academy account for each student to select a coach is eliminated.

Here is a Vimeo Demonstration:

http://vimeo.com/22748212

Here is My Blog Post:

http://www.dr-chuck.com/csev-blog/2011/04/khan-academy-running-in-sakai-and-blackboard-using-ims-basic-lti/

If you want to test this, the launch url is:

http://khan-blti.appspot.com/launch

You can test it at the IMS Test LMS:

http://www.imsglobal.org/developers/BLTI/lms.php

The key and secret used in that form do work - so you can test from anywhere.

Let me know (and send images) once you have tested it.

/Chuck