Re: IMS Basic LTI in LAMS

csev

Mar 12, 2010, 4:10:10 PM3/12/10
to ims...@googlegroups.com, Ernie Ghiglione
Ernie,

Cool - this sounds like you are implementing a Consumer (i.e. pulling LTI tools into LAMS).  For that, the Java code I gave you is pretty good shape it is in use in all the Java Consumers at this point.

We have actually reduced it to a jar that we use in Sakai 2, Sakai 3, and OLAT (attached)  Here is the code that makes the jar:

Here is the Sakai code that makes use of that utility:

it is pretty simple - you need to get a Properties object with special fields filled in from LAMS information:

And then call the generic Util code above to get it signed and generate the HTML.  That code is here (kind of embedded in some Sakai ickiness):

Look for "postLaunchHTML" and then track it through SakaiBLTIUtil.java and then to org.imsglobal.basiclti.BasicLTIUtil.java.

If you want to make your LAMS tools, LTI tool producers, this servlet is probably the best example:

Let me know if I can help.

/Chuck

P.S.  You might want to join the ims-dev google group - http://groups.google.com/group/ims-dev/

On Mar 12, 2010, at 12:23 PM, Ernie Ghiglione wrote:

Hi Chuck,

I hope you are going alright.

We are about to get started on (http://goo.gl/ZCaO) and would like to
know if you could point me to some java code to base this on? In
Canada last year you gave me a little war with some code, is there any
updated one we could use?

Thanks in advance,

Ernie

basiclti-util-1.1-SNAPSHOT.jar

csev

Apr 5, 2010, 8:26:19 AM4/5/10
to Ernie Ghiglione, ims...@googlegroups.com, Andrey Balan
I will get you a few in a bit - off to teach lecture for the next few hours.

Chuck

On Apr 5, 2010, at 8:13 AM, Ernie Ghiglione wrote:

> Hi Chuck,
>
> We are now at a point where we can start testing our LAMS IMS LTI consumer.
>
> Could you suggest some services/resources to test this with?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Ernie

Scott Wilson

Apr 5, 2010, 9:01:11 AM4/5/10
to ims...@googlegroups.com, Ernie Ghiglione, Andrey Balan
Hi Ernie,

You can also add this to your Wookie install to request widgets using BasicLTI:

http://code.google.com/p/basiclti4wookie/

Scott Wilson

Apr 8, 2010, 4:02:40 AM4/8/10
On 8 Apr 2010, at 08:28, Ernie Ghiglione wrote:

> Thanks Scott.
>
> Given that LAMS already hasa Wookie tool, it will be a bit of an
> overkill :-) but we can use this for testing tool. Chuck sent me a few
> other resources/services.

Yup :-) Just thought it might be handy for testing as you already had one...