Comparison of LTI Tool Consumer implementations

Stephen P Vickers

Jan 18, 2012, 9:24:52 AM1/18/12
to ims...@googlegroups.com
As part of the testing of the latest releases of my open source Basic
LTI PowerLink and Building Block (for WebCT and Blackboard Learn,
respectively), I prepared tables to document which elements are
supported (or not). In order to help with developing tool providers, I
have extended this table to include the other TC implementations I am
aware of, and have access to: Blackboard Learn 9.1SP4+, Moodle 1.9+,
Moodle 2.2, Sakai CLE 2.8 and Sakai OAE 1.1. The current draft can be
found at:

http://ltiapps.net/LTI_Tool_Consumers.pdf

The entries for Sakai are very provisional as I do not currently have
access to an actual installation - I would appreciate someone with more
knowledge about these implementations checking them for any errors. I
also suspect that the support is for earlier releases of Sakai as well.

If anyone has access to another tool consumer and could supply the
relevant data (or give me temporary access to launch some test
connections), I would be delighted to add more columns to these tables.
I think this could be a very useful resource for developers of tool
providers; it provides more detail than mere certification.

Cheers,

Stephen

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.

csev

Jan 18, 2012, 12:11:02 PM1/18/12
to ims...@googlegroups.com
Stephen,

This looks like a great document. A nice summary.

I made you an account on the IMS Sakai 2.9 instance - I will send the details under separate cover.

/Chuck