Single PHP class supporting both Learn 9 and Moodle 1.9

Stephen P Vickers

Feb 26, 2011, 8:00:43 PM2/26/11
to ims...@googlegroups.com
At the recent JISC dev8D event, the EILE team released some sample code
for integrating WordPress with Moodle 1.9 using their draft
implementation of Full LTI. I have now adapted my PHP LTI_Tool_Producer
class to include support for their Moodle implementation (alongside the
existing Learn 9 proxy tools support). This class has been used for
installations of both WordPress and WebPA to illustrate how the same
code written for tool producers can be used to connect to different tool
consumers.

The class is documented at
http://www.spvsoftwareproducts.com/php/lti_tool_producer/ and available
for download from OSCELOT. I hope to continue updating this class as
the EILE project makes changes and enhancements to its code. I wish to
acknowledge the support and assistance provided by the EILE team to
enable me to complete this work.

I find it very exciting that I am now able to demonstrate an LTI tool
producer with more than one tool consumer - it may be a bit of a hack at
this stage, but it provides a good illustration of the ultimate goal of
Full LTI.

Stephen
ceLTIc project (JISC funded)

--

Stephen P Vickers
Technology Enhanced Learning Manager

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.