Playing with MediaWiki and IMS Basic LTI

csev

Apr 7, 2010, 2:35:14 PM4/7/10
to ims...@googlegroups.com
I am trying to use MediaWiki in my class through Basic LTI but I cannot get isolation of one class from another - is that possible.

When things start out, I am in category "SI301 W10" - but as soon as I make a new page, it is global for the whole system. I would like to stay in the same category all the time (i.e. when I make a new page).

Is there a way to do this ?

/Chuck

Stephen P Vickers

Apr 7, 2010, 5:01:47 PM4/7/10
to ims...@googlegroups.com
The way I have integrated MediaWiki with WebCT in the past was to create
a new set of tables in the database for each wiki/course. I map the
course ID to a prefix used for the set of tables created for that course
and set the table prefix variable when a user connects. This is not a
very elegant or enterprise-wide solution but it suited my needs at the
time. We now use Confluence so we are no longer using MediaWiki.

Stephen

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.

Antoni Bertran

Apr 9, 2010, 9:38:15 AM4/9/10
to ims...@googlegroups.com
Hello the plugin validates (or creates user if is it necessary), creates category (if is it necessary) and show the category page.

It is planned that in future the plugin can be restricted to the category of your course but now we have not developed.

Antoni Bertran Bellido
3&Punt Solucions Informàtiques SLL
935325991 - 935325992
C.Aragó 390, àtic 3
08013 Barcelona

csev

Apr 9, 2010, 12:08:05 PM4/9/10
to ims...@googlegroups.com
Thanks.

Is there a way to manually restrict users to a certain category for what they view and edit?

For now I only want to make this work for one course in Mediawiki so I could do something by hand if needed

/Chuck