import, then run - what am I not getting?

Børre Lervåg Dalhaug

Apr 8, 2022, 6:29:21 AM4/8/22
to imposm
Hi imposm people :-)

I want to
  • import osm for an area
  • explicitly update the area
  • import and append another area
  • update both areas
  • and so on...
From how I understand things this needs to be done like this:
  • imposm import -read -write -optimize -appendcache -diff
    • using pbf file for area one
    • optinally limit area using -limitto
  • imposm run
  • imposm import -read -write -optimize -appendcache -diff
    • using pbf file for area two
    • optinally limit area using -limitto
  • imposm run
  • and so on

I downloaded the smallest country in Europe (Andorra). The import took a couple of seconds.
I then executed run. I had expected this operation to be over in no time, since the pbf was just downloaded, so there should not be any changes, but it takes forever.

What am I not getting?

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Børre