Excesive cache growth in diff mode

David Pavlíček

Apr 13, 2021, 3:09:18 AM4/13/21
to imp...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
I run imposm in diff mode for some time now and i noticed a pretty substantial size increase of imposm cache over time.  After a year (or so) of continuous diff imports (from OSM minutely changes, original data file form geofabric country extract), cache grows from 2.5 GB to 30 GB, that is almost 10 times the original size. Target PG database is more or less the same size, definitely not 10 times bigger. It seems to me that there are some dead/duplicate records in cache. Any hints? Is there any procedure to compact that cache?

Best regards
David

Yves

Apr 13, 2021, 3:30:34 AM4/13/21
to imp...@googlegroups.com, David Pavlíček
If you start with a regional extract but apply worldwide diff, the cache growth may be expected.

David Pavlíček

Apr 13, 2021, 6:46:02 AM4/13/21
to imp...@googlegroups.com, Yves
Yes, good point, but I also apply a limit file with the borders of my region to import (run). I thought that limit filters features before  they are ingested to a cache...

David