imposm send request to replication_url every 10 secondes

bmoreau

Aug 10, 2020, 1:18:30 PM8/10/20
to imposm

Hi
Today Frederik Ramm, maintainer of Geofabrik, contacted me because my server requests download.geofabrik.de every 10 secondes.

I use openmaptiles 5.2 with the recommended update process and this config :

```
{
"replication_url": "http://download.geofabrik.de/europe/france-updates/", "replication_interval": "24h"
}
```

For me, "replication_interval" was the interval between 2 requests.

So my question is if it's a normal behavior and if there is a solutions to really reduce the number of requests ?

Regards.
Benoit MOREAU

Imre Samu

Aug 10, 2020, 2:34:40 PM8/10/20
to imp...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

> For me, "replication_interval" was the interval between 2 requests.

Probably this is similar problem to this (fixed) PR https://github.com/omniscale/imposm3/pull/158   ( merged to master Apr 16, 2018 )
"fix the config replication_interval not being honoured"

> I use openmaptiles 5.2 with the recommended

And as I see the openmaptiles using the older version : ( 2017 vs 2018 )

ARG IMPOSM_REPO="https://github.com/openmaptiles/imposm3.git"
ARG IMPOSM_VERSION="v2017-10-18"

>  So my question is if it's a normal behavior and if there is a solutions to really reduce the number of requests ?

probably the fix will solve your  problem
but I don't know what is the best method to apply in the openmaptiles fork

regards,
 Imre

Imre Samu

Aug 10, 2020, 2:49:34 PM8/10/20
to imp...@googlegroups.com
As I see - there are other fixes - related to replication_interval :

Imre

bmoreau

Aug 11, 2020, 11:21:03 AM8/11/20
to imposm
Hello,

Thank you for your help.
I confirm that the problem does not appear with the latest version of imposm3 in the openmaptiles-tools container.
I'm will open an issue on their Github to ask them to update the imposm3 version.

Regards,
Benoit MOREAU