Index on member_id

Piotr P

Jan 25, 2023, 3:58:38 AM1/25/23
to imposm
Hi,
"Both osm_id and member_id columns are indexed in PostgreSQL by default to speed up these joins."
However, I cannot see any index created on the member_id column in by DB and I cannot find any piece of code that creates such an index.
Am I missing something or is it a missing feature / mistake in the documentation?

Cheers,
Piotr

Imre Samu

Jan 25, 2023, 4:49:00 AM1/25/23
to imp...@googlegroups.com
> However, I cannot see any index created on the member_id column in by DB
tables:
  master_routes:
    type: relation_member
    columns:
    - name: osm_id
      type: id
    - name: member
      type: member_id
    - name: index
      type: member_index

    - name: role
      type: member_role
    - name: type
      type: member_type

if you test ./test/route_relation_mapping.yml  - can you see any index ?

Regards,
 Imre

Piotr P

Jan 25, 2023, 5:36:39 AM1/25/23
to imposm
To clarify,  I am talking about DB index. To speed up joins.

Imre Samu

Jan 25, 2023, 7:38:25 AM1/25/23
to imp...@googlegroups.com
If there is no index, it is possible that the documentation is inaccurate.

( disclaimer: This part is little known to me, and when I did, I didn't need an index. )