[Implant Sutra] How Videogames Could Help Train the Next Generation of Robotic Surgeons

C.P.Mathai, MDS

Dec 12, 2012, 12:08:46 PM12/12/12
to implan...@googlegroups.com
[http://feeds.wired.com/~r/wired/index/~3/qH2b4Ur27KI/]
From Wired
I wonder when robotic surgery will be a reality in dentistry! OMFS will most probably be the place it will make it's first impact. In the meantime I'm going to get started on my video games!

How Videogames Could Help Train the Next Generation of Robotic Surgeons: Doling out death in the virtual world of first-person-shooter games might help the next generation of surgeons save lives in the real world. A new study used simulators to compare the robotic surgery skills of med school residents against college and high school students who spend a lot of their time playing video games -- and the video gamers won.

--
Posted By C.P.Mathai, MDS to Implant Sutra at 12/12/2012 10:38:00 PM