MEISP on modern OS

Jacopo Remondina

Jun 19, 2017, 11:20:47 AM6/19/17
to Impedance Spectroscopy
Hi all!
I'm doing my phd on some thin film glass-ceramic, and the main characterization technique I'm using is the IS. I tried different software for the Equivalent Circuit fitting: EQUIVCRT.PAS (that I almost istantly for the hard work on single data point rejection), EIS Spectrum Analyzer and some personal scripts (MATLAB and Origin). All of them never fit properly my datas. Other commercial softwares (especialy ZSimpWin) are powerfull enough for fit them, but I don't have the license so I cannot save the fits.

Finaly I tried MEISP and it work pretty well, except that on windows 7 pro 64bit it crash quite often (see the attached screenshoot) and I wasn't able to install it on a win xp 32bit pro virtual machines (install files not found but they were there).

So here is my question: anyone still use this software? If so and they use them on a modern pc, how they fix these crashes? If not, any valid free alternative (I have series of 130 files, so please something that can fit more files in a single run)?

Thanks,

Jacopo
Cattura.PNG

Yevgen Barsukov

Nov 16, 2017, 11:43:02 AM11/16/17
to Impedance Spectroscopy
Jacopo,
I am running it on windows 7 64 bit on the regular basis.
It might have an occasional crush but in overall it usable to get the job done.

Please see some workarounds related to Windows 7 access permissions and help system here:

It works fine on Win XP, although never tried it on virtual machines.

Regards,
Yevgen

Jacopo Remondina

Jan 12, 2018, 11:12:38 AM1/12/18
to Impedance Spectroscopy
Dear Yevgen,
the link in your reply is where I found the software, so I had already tried some of its suggestions (and also others, like compatibility settings and virtual machines), but unfortunatly, when I run the computation on my data series (also more then 100 dataset for each serie), it almost crushed every time (solved by dividing each serie in smaller groups of about 20/30 dat sets), so I was hoping for some better solutions.
Thanks anyway for your reply,
Jacopo