FW: [EXTERNAL] EIS of Lithium-ion Battery

Barsukov, Yevgen

Mar 9, 2018, 10:42:39 AM3/9/18
to impedance-s...@googlegroups.com

Interesting article about use of transmission lines in battery modeling.

Although I disagree with claim of invention of general short terminated and open terminated transmission lines to Bisquet publication from 2002

(they have been described much earlier by Fletcher 1992 and Passh-Mika 1993 papers), the app-notes do provide good description and examples of their use.

Here are some more publications to go closer to origins of using general transmission lines for porous electrodes;

S. Fletcher [1992] An Electrical Model Circuit that Reproduces

the Behaviour of Conducting Polymer Electrodes in Electrolyte

Solutions, J. Electroanal. Chem. 337, 127145.

G. Paasch, K. Micka, and P. Gersdorf [1993] Theory of the Electrochemical

Impedance of Macrohomogeneous Porous

Electrodes, Electrochim. Acta 38(18), 26532662.

Regards,
Yevgen

Mar 9, 2018, 1:08:39 PM3/9/18
to impedance-s...@googlegroups.com
As the former Gamry employee who implemented the transmission line modeling and wrote the app notes, what I think Chris is saying is that the version that is implemented is based on Bisquert's analysis for DSCs.

I do agree that there are earlier reports. The math is best explained in my opinion by deLevie in a series of papers from the 60s and 70s.  ( R De Levie, Adv. Electrochem. Electrochem. Eng., 6 (1967) 329).

Best,
Burak Ulgut