Book group reading for Fri 12/16 in our bridge book

Anne Foster

Dec 9, 2022, 10:44:28 PM12/9/22
to IMC Dharma Friends

Order our next book:

Training in Compassion: Zen Teachings on the Practice of Lojong

By Norman Fischer

Next Zoom meeting: Friday, 12/16/22 5-6:30 p.m. Pacific time

Read

Until we all get our copies, we will read from The Issue at Hand, by Gil Fronsdal (attached). Read:

  • “The Four Noble Truths” starting with “The Truth of the Cessation of Suffering”, page 7-11.
  • “Intolerance to Suffering”, page 12-15.
  • “The Practice of Mindfulness” page 16-18.
  • “How Mindfulness Works When it doesn’t Work”, page 19-21.

The Dharma-Inspired book group is self-led. For our current book, Anne Foster is acting as facilitator and contact person: afo...@rawbw.com

WEEKLY via Zoom!

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84573235424?pwd=cFpycVZMVnpQVmxqMUhiYXhod3AwUT09

Meeting ID: 845 7323 5424

Passcode: 696522

Dial by your location

        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)

Meeting ID: 845 7323 5424

Passcode: 696522

Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kcYRvd8IPi

To receive updates about Dharma Friends events via e-mail:

Go to https://www.insightmeditationcenter.org/dharma-friends/ and follow the instructions under "Subscribe to receive e-mail updates".

IssueAtHand4thEd.pdf