First Annual Hopkins Imaging Conference: Register and/or Submit Abstracts!

Issel Anne Lim

Aug 15, 2011, 11:18:27 AM8/15/11
to Johns Hopkins Imaging
Hello, All!

The Hopkins Imaging Initiative is a collaborative resource, created to connect all imaging researchers at Johns Hopkins University (http://imaging.jhu.edu). We are currently organizing a Hopkins Imaging Conference on October 6th, 2011, in order to showcase local research in imaging acquisition, analysis, and application. The conference will feature an afternoon of lectures by distinguished imaging faculty at JHU, followed by a Happy Hour with researcher poster presentations and a raffle for conference registrants. The HI^2 Conference is open to all Hopkins affiliates at every level (students, postdocs, faculty, staff, etc.).

Conference Details:
What: The First Annual Hopkins Imaging Conference, organized by the Hopkins Imaging Initiative (HI^2)
Who: Lectures by Faculty, Posters by Hopkins Researchers (grad students, post-docs, undergrads, staff, you!) -- all are welcome to attend!
Where: Turner Auditorium and Concourse (720 Rutland Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21205)
When: October 6th, 2011
Schedule:
     1:30pm - 2:00pm: Turner Auditorium: Introductory Lecture by Dr. Elliot McVeigh (Director of the Department of Biomedical Engineering)
     2:00pm - 5:30pm: Turner Auditorium: Faculty Lectures, currently including:
       - Elliot Fishman, MD (Director, Diagnostic Imaging and Body CT, Radiology; Medical Imaging's "Top Radiologist")
       - Xingde Li, PhD (Associate Professor, Biomedical Engineering; Laboratory of Biophotonics Imaging and Therapy)
       - Jerry Prince, PhD (William B. Kouwenhoven Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering)
       - Peter van Zijl, PhD (Director of the F. M. Kirby Research Center for Functional Brain Imaging)
       - More faculty speakers coming soon!
     5:30pm - 6:30pm: Turner Concourse: Happy Hour with Poster Presentations, Refreshments, and Raffle

Submit an Abstract for a Traditional Poster by September 6th, 2011! (We ARE accepting abstracts that have already been submitted at other conferences -- see our abstract submission section for details.)
Register for the Conference (and be eligible for a raffle prize) by October 1st, 2011! Registration is FREE for all participants -- simply submit the form below, or register on our website.

If you do any research that involves imaging, we encourage you to:

a. Register for the conference by October 1st, 2011: http://imaging.jhu.edu/conferences/register-for-the-conference (or submit the form below!)
Registration is **free** for all participants. If you register, we will enter you into our Happy Hour raffle for a research-oriented (a.k.a., "nerdy") prize from ThinkGeek.com. We're using registration as an RSVP, to gauge how many refreshments to get. Only registrants present at the Poster Presentation Happy Hour are eligible for raffle prizes. That said, even if you do not register ahead of time, you and all Hopkins affiliates are welcome to attend the conference.

b. Submit an abstract by September 6th, 2011: email your abstract as a .pdf to johnshopkinsima...@gmail.com
We WILL be accepting abstracts that have previously been presented at other conferences. Abstracts will be based on the two-page format from the annual ISMRM conference. Details can be found on our website: http://imaging.jhu.edu/conferences/imaging-conference-2011#Abstract
Accepted abstracts will be presented as traditional posters during the Happy Hour following the lectures. Each abstract will be reviewed by our panel of judges. If your abstract is accepted, you will be notified by September 15th. Awards will be given based on evaluation by our judgement committee, as well as a "Peer Choice Award" via audience vote.

Thank you very much! If you have any questions, comments, or recommendations, please email johnshopkinsima...@gmail.com

** Please forward this email to various mailing lists and/or anyone who might be interested! Also, our apologies for any repeat emails -- we're sending this message to a lot of mailing lists. :)

Best wishes from the Conference Organizational Committee,
Geran Kostecki, Bradley Harden, Liheng Guo, Nikolaos Karakatsanis, Carmen Kut, Kwame Kutten, Issel Anne Lim, Jessica Mavadia, Elliot McVeigh, Hassan Mohy-ud-Din, Jaymin Patel, Di Xu, Yi Zhang

~~
Issel Anne L. Lim
PhD Candidate
Biomedical Engineering