**HI^2 Compilation committee survey**

Di Xu

Jun 7, 2011, 10:46:54 PM6/7/11
to Johns Hopkins Imaging, Imaging Initiative, Imaging Initiative Organizational Committee
Dear all

My name is Di Xu, leader of compilation committee.

I would like to have a survey before Compilation committee meeting to get everyone's suggestion and interest.

In this survey, you will be asked your interest for each primary task of Compilation committee.

Please note

(1)Hopkins Training Program in Translational Imaging (HTPTI) and HI^2 websites is one of the main media of broadcasting our organization. For those of you who made contributions on Compilation committee, you can possibly sign you name on the web page to claim your contribution.

(2)By working at Compilation committee, you can not only get the chances of networking people in academia, industry and government (by gathering the information), but also broadcasting your name, your work and your lab through our websites.

If you would like to make any kinds of contributions to Compilation committee, please fill out the survey by clicking the link below:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/6L97XX6

Any input is appreciated !
Di
--
Di Xu
Ph.D. Student

720 Rutland Ave,
426 Traylor Building
Baltimore, MD 21205

Emails:
dx...@jhu.edu
xu.d...@gmail.com

Office: +1 443-287-3073
Cell:    +1 410-929-5586

Carmen Kut

Jun 24, 2011, 8:19:16 AM6/24/11
to Johns Hopkins Imaging, Imaging Initiative, Imaging Initiative Organizational Committee, Elliot McVeigh
Happy Friday everyone!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful summer so far. The lecture committee has several exciting projects in line, and would love your input and participation/leadership. I have listed the potential projects below, which range from lunch series with big names to imaging competitions/game-show-style challenges, to volunteer sessions for the community. None of this would happen without your help, so if any of these project pique your interest, or if you have a new idea you’d like to come to fruition, please come to the meeting.

Doodle form as follows: http://doodle.com/murxkcek7wdes6zg

Last but not the least, you should have received an email from this morning concerning the clinical lecture series this summer (link as follows) http://imaging.jhu.edu/lectures/summer-clinical-series-2011
It is a great opportunity available only to imaging initiative students so far, so I urge you all to take advantage of it! Due to resources we are limiting participation to 5 students per lecture so please sign up early.

Thank you all and hope to see you at the clinical series/committee meeting!
Carmen (Leader for HI^2 Lectures Committee)

-----
HII Lectures Committee: Potential Project Line-up

1) Imaging Lunch Series/Chalk talks: Invite big-names from outside of Hopkins. Host lunch series/chalk talk with medical imaging students, followed by more formal powerpoint presentation at weekly BME seminars.

2) Imaging Competition: where students post a 5-minute video on their topic of choice. Topics should be intuitive and aim at introducing imaging concepts, which can range anything from “PET/MRI in 5 minutes”, “understanding optical coherence tomography”, to “heart anatomy you need to know for imaging”. Winners are selected based on votes, and rewards can include cash prize, plus the chance to present at the HI^2 presentation/BME retreat etc.

3) HI^2 challenge: this idea is inspired by the robo-challenge at the CIS, where they have high school students coming in each year to program some robots and compete on challenges e.g. mystery maze/robot dance. We could do something similar. Current event ideas include an imaging jeopardy session, ID the artifact, having students determine the velocity of racecar, controlling external magnetic field to guide a metal capsule through the maze etc etc. It could be a half-day event with food, speakers, prizes...etc etc. We could host this for high school students as well but Dr. McVeigh seems to prefer having the challenge at a undergrad/grad level.

4) Imaging Sessions for HIV patients: this is a volunteer-based project, aimed to address distrust of the community in Baltimore towards Hopkins. Goal is to set up discussion sessions with patients and/or teenagers within a HIV/AIDS community organization, who would be interested in learning more about medical imaging options for HIV/AIDS patients, as well as the radiation exposure/harm that is involved with each option. We can also go over other test options that are commonly used for HIV/AIDS patients, and what those terms exactly mean. There exists a lack of trust for Hopkins within the Baltimore community and as graduate students, we can help to bridge that gap and address some of the concerns that patients may have.

Carmen Kut

Jun 27, 2011, 4:56:46 PM6/27/11
to Johns Hopkins Imaging, Imaging Initiative, Imaging Initiative Organizational Committee
Dear everyone,

If you haven’t signed up for the clinical lectures yet, please do so quickly because I am sending out all the information these 2 days and spots are filling up!

Also – one last advertisement for the HII lectures committee meeting. Please sign up if interested: http://doodle.com/murxkcek7wdes6zg
In addition to the projects I mentioned last time (please see below), we are also planning to have selected students present at regular BME seminars. Spots will be limited and speakers will likely be nominated by PIs. The goal is to get more exposure for student-research projects, as well as to improve our presentation skills. If you’d like to be involved or show your interest please let me know or come to our committee meetings!

Thank you all and have a gorgeous week ahead,
Carmen

-----
HII Lectures Committee: Potential Project Line-up

1) Imaging Lunch Series/Chalk talks: Invite big-names from outside of Hopkins. Host lunch series/chalk talk with medical imaging students, followed by more formal powerpoint presentation at weekly BME seminars.

2) Student Presentations at BME Seminars

[...]

Carmen Kut

Jul 10, 2012, 3:09:51 PM7/10/12
to johnshopk...@gmail.com, Imaging Initiative, johnshopk...@googlegroups.com, Elliot McVeigh
Dear everyone,

I hope you are having an amazing summer so far! It's that time of the year again, which means that clinical departments are hosting summer lecture series for incoming residents. Some of these departments (radiation oncology, cardiology, radiology) have graciously offered to host some of our students at the lectures as well. This is a great opportunity available only to imaging initiative students and BME students so far, so I urge you all to take advantage of it! Due to resources we are limiting participation to 5 students per lecture so please sign up early.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dGd2OEZhSkRrdWFocnl6bnFXSnk5Smc6MA#gid=0