How to collaborate ? - social network aggregators : debt based and proprietary VS open and free p2p support based ?

Dante-Gabryell Monson

May 3, 2009, 1:13:16 PM5/3/09
to imaging...@googlegroups.com, Caroline Zeller, Josef Davies-Coates, Michel Bauwens, Eric Theunis
Dear Imaging the Hub List

I ll start with the intention :
I wish to understand how to collaborate with the current Hub.
Physically located Hubs such as in Brussels, Rotterdam, Amsterdam, London and Amsterdam, to start with,
and the Hub network presence via the internet.

---

In relation to the current business model of http://the-hub.net global franchise, with headquarters in London,

my current understanding is that the-hub franchise model enables control of access to aggregators ( online and offline ) for coworking social networks through
closed proprietary systems, with access granted through debt based monetary units.

--

I wish for another business model and mode of governance , while understanding both can co-exist and perhaps even mutually support each other, leaving the choice to peers :

I look forward to empower a movement of aggregators in digital and physical spaces which are open and non-proprietary.

Think of the difference between Linux and Microsoft Windows.
The current Hub Franchise resembling more a Windows model.

---------

Yes, there are costs, and yes, these costs may still be in debt based currencies.
How to pay for the debt based costs?
Through "request for support" units.

The first request for support being the convergence of human capital which is fully engaged to set up a space,
which itself can serve as an aggregator for more human capital, which form social networks, who can enable mutual support through further "request for support" units ( or more exactly, "reversed debt" / "debt towards intention" )

If we need to rent a loft which costs 2000 euros a month,
the business model is to create an agreement with a number of people willing to support such request for support, for the time of the  one year lease.

If 60 people are supporting, that means 33 euros per supporter per month for one year.
It can be done informally, or more formally ( through a not for loss trust ? )

Opening such convergence space as an aggregator to further organically build social networks and new wealth.

This only represents the first layer of abstraction of such business model.

At every level of abstraction, one can rethink inclusiveness and transparency, definitions of property, governance and production.

With every physical aggregator for coworking, one can rethink the resonnance of the intention.

The Hub network does a good job in trying to define a certain resonance enabling coworking, and I wish to collaborate with the hub networks, but without falling into a proprietary mode.

I wish to understand how to collaborate with the current Hub

Cordially

Dante
http://hitchwiki.org/en/Dante