Imglib benchmarks

Curtis Rueden

Nov 15, 2010, 12:36:43 PM11/15/10
to Imagejdev.org Developers, Fiji Developers, ImageJX discussion group
Hi everyone,

For those interested, we have posted some benchmarks comparing ImageJ, imglib (http://pacific.mpi-cbg.de/wiki/index.php/Imglib) and PixLib (http://sourceforge.net/projects/pixlib/) with raw byte array performance:

  http://imagejdev.org/imglib-benchmarks

Comments and questions welcome!

Regards,
Curtis

Dimiter Prodanov

Nov 28, 2010, 7:35:31 PM11/28/10
to ima...@googlegroups.com, Imagejdev.org Developers, Fiji Developers, Rasband Wayne
Hi Curtis,

Thank you very much for the effort! Do you have other meaningful benchmarks?
In the mean while I have evolved PixLib and now I am ready to
demonstrate basic Mathematical morphology in D-dimensions.

best regards,

Dimiter

Curtis Rueden

Nov 29, 2010, 4:39:57 PM11/29/10
to ima...@googlegroups.com, Imagejdev.org Developers, Fiji Developers, Rasband Wayne
Hi Dimiter,

Thank you very much for the effort! Do you have other meaningful benchmarks?

Not yet. Do you have any suggestions? Now that I have worked out how to use Flot to generate charts on the web site, I could set up additional charts pretty easily.

In the mean while I have evolved PixLib and now I am ready to
demonstrate basic Mathematical morphology in D-dimensions.

Great. If the time performance of PixLib changes, let me know and I can rerun the benchmark and update the numbers.

-Curtis