Re: Digest for imagejx@googlegroups.com - 2 Messages in 1 Topic

Yili Zhao

Aug 8, 2010, 8:10:44 PM8/8/10
to ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi Grant,
from (http://imagejdev.org/gbh/netbeans/) I know that you have done
a lot of research on this topic..

Why I have this question is that I have used BlueMarine
(http://bluemarine.tidalwave.it/) for some time,
and I like it.

The author of BlueMarine Fabrizio Giudici has a discussion of
transiting it to Netbeans platform as "from pain to gain",
which is at: (http://netbeans.org/community/magazine/html/03/bluemarine/)

Also, the Imagine project (https://imagine.dev.java.net/) is also
worthwhile to look at how an image
editor application can be built with Netbeans platform. (Grant also
recommend this project)

I think, Netbeans platform is a wonderful platform which supply many
general modulars an application
need, like Fabrizio Giudici said in his BlueMarine project.

However, the pay of it is the complexity, how can we made the
balance of a modular application with
this complexity?

Any way, I think a solid, modular and extensible framework for
ImageJ is very important.

--
Yili Zhao

Dimiter Prodanov

Aug 9, 2010, 5:21:03 AM8/9/10
to ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

The best way to demonstrate utility is to integrate IJ into Netbeans
and show an application case.

best regards,

Dimiter