Read in a 'tiff stack'

Jeff Gostick

Feb 28, 2015, 5:29:34 PM2/28/15
to ima...@googlegroups.com
I have tomography data that gets stored as a tiff stack.  ImageJ has no problem with these, and I hoping Imageio would read them in (I'm currently using Pillow).  After glancing through the docs I found that tiff stack is not considered a volumetric file type, and the imread function only gets the first layer of the stack.  Any thoughts?

Almar Klein

Feb 28, 2015, 6:06:09 PM2/28/15
to ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jeff,

I saw you found the corresponding "feature request" on Github. The idea
is to add support for this via e.g. the tiffyle module. Imageio would
thus have a relatively thin plugin that wraps that module. It should not
be too hard to write if you know your way around tiffyle.

I don't have much time to spend on this, and I am not familiar with
tiffyle. Maybe you're interested in trying to write such a plugin?

- Almar