imageio and Processing (in Python mode)

Paul St George

Mar 31, 2020, 4:51:03 AM3/31/20
to imageio
Hello,
Can imageio be used with Processing in its Python mode?

I ask because Imageio depends on Numpy and Pillow, and Processing uses Jython. Jython does *not* support third-party Python libraries that use extensions written in C (e.g. Numpy).

So, if I try to use imageio with Processing in its Python mode will it work for some tasks and not others, or it will not work at all?

I want to import tiff files into Processing (some how).

Thanks,
Paul

Almar Klein

Apr 1, 2020, 4:22:50 AM4/1/20
to ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi Paul,

Numpy as a strict dependency of imagio, because images are always returned as numpy arrays. so if Processing does not support numpy, imageio won't work either.

Best,
  Almar

Paul St George

Apr 4, 2020, 1:53:44 AM4/4/20
to imageio
Thanks Almar,
I found a protected undocumented loadImageIO method in Processing. Your clear reply stopped me going down a cul-de-sac.