mimread now breaks during my unit tests

Jeff Gostick

Nov 15, 2015, 10:53:05 PM11/15/15
to imageio
I have just fired-up imageio after a few months without using it, and now my unit tests fail.  It's seems that the mimread method has changed the api or default arguments.  I'm using it to read in a tif stack obtained from x-ray tomography, and this used to work on my test image perfectly.  Any thoughts?

Almar Klein

Nov 16, 2015, 5:18:39 AM11/16/15
to Jeff Gostick, imageio

We did recently improve our tiff support, so it might be that the output is now different to what your tests expect. If the current behaviour is wrong, please open up an issue. You should be able to get the “older” behaviour by using mimread(fname, ‘FI_TIFF’), which should use the tif plugin provided by freeimage.

- Almar