"Downloaded and cached in your AppData directory??"

Stuart Axon

Nov 11, 2015, 4:36:38 PM11/11/15
to imageio
Hi,
   I'm on linux, does this mean the windows appdata directory ?   I'm trying

which works, but seems to redownload every time.

Is there a way to check if it's cached ?

Almar Klein

Nov 12, 2015, 3:56:07 AM11/12/15
to Stuart Axon, imageio

Imageio downloads some dependencies (freeimage, ffmpeg) on demand, and puts these in your app data directory, which on Linux is ~/.imageio. In future releases we intend to ship the freeimage library with the distribution package to avoid this behavior.

Images that you read from http are never cached, you’d need to do that yourself if you want it. The exeption are the example images (e.g. imageio.imread(‘hubble_deep_field.png’)).

Regards,

  Almar