v5.1 started behaving erratically; v5.5 came just in time

hackne...@gmail.com

Aug 7, 2018, 5:43:39 PM8/7/18
to ImageGlass Community
I installed v5.1 about 4 weeks ago and fell in love with it (I even sent you a contribution via PayPal).  However, suddenly today, v5.1 started behaving erratically, in spite of several computer reboots and re-installation of the software.  Specifically, it would become very slow scrolling to the next photo in the file, sometimes taking 5-6 seconds to advance.  Also, when I tried to delete a photo displayed in the software, I got the message that "it couldn't delete it because it was open in ImageGlass".  Duh, of course it was.  When I went to your website to post the problem, I discovered that v5.5 is now out, so I downloaded and installed it.  It solved the problem.  So, what caused v5.1 to suddenly behave erratically, and is there any chance that v5.5 will do so in the future?

Dương Diệu Pháp

Aug 7, 2018, 9:57:31 PM8/7/18
to ImageGlass Community
Hi !

Thank you for supporting!

V5.5 is quite a big update because it fixed a lot of issues which exist for long time, such as memory leak,...
The biggest change in v5.5 is Real-time update engine.
It caused error when user deletes multiple files at the same time, not updated the file list correctly, ...

Specifically, it would become very slow scrolling to the next photo in the file, sometimes taking 5-6 seconds to advance.

So, what caused v5.1 to suddenly behave erratically, and is there any chance that v5.5 will do so in the future?
-> I didn't receive this report from user earlier, I'm not sure what the problem is.
But I think it's due to the memory leak issue and Real-time update engine.

Thank you again!
Phap