Update Issue from v8 to v9

Conner Drury

May 21, 2024, 11:52:25 AMMay 21
to ImageGlass Community
Hi Everyone,

We're currently running ImageGlass 8.7.11.6 and it's working great.

However, when we update to version 9 it seems to break the file associations.

I believe we are using the ipconfig.admin.xml file for the configuration, located in program files. After the update, this file is not modified so I don't think that's causing the problem.

We also have a group policy configured for the default file extensions, example below:

<Association Identifier=".jpeg" ProgId="ImageGlass.FileAssoc.Jpeg" ApplicationName="ImageGlass" />

<Association Identifier=".jpg" ProgId="ImageGlass.FileAssoc.Jpeg" ApplicationName="ImageGlass" />

We can manually change the default app to ImageGlass, however we would like it to be automated.

Thanks

Conner Drury

May 21, 2024, 12:32:42 PMMay 21
to ImageGlass Community
After updating:
Screenshot 2024-05-21 165546.png

When I go to properties on the file, it does say the default app is image glass as seen below

new.png

Your support is appreciated,

Thanks

ImageGlass Community

May 21, 2024, 12:38:10 PMMay 21
to ImageGlass Community
ImageGlass 9 does not use XML format for user config file. It uses JSON format instead.
Please read the blog post about the breaking changes: https://imageglass.org/news/introducing-the-new-imageglass-version-9-88

- To understand the app config files, please refer to https://imageglass.org/docs/app-configs
- To set file type associations, you can use a command from igcmd.exe file
set-default-viewer [string exts] [--per-machine]

Conner Drury

May 30, 2024, 7:22:39 AMMay 30
to ImageGlass Community
Hello,

Thanks for the above!

The  set-default-viewer command works for the current user, however when applying the --per-machine scope it loses the default app?

I'm also not able to see the igconfig.json files.

Thanks

Conner Drury

May 30, 2024, 7:22:39 AMMay 30
to image...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thanks. The commands work to set the default for the current user, however when applying the command for the device, it reverts back and there’s no default app?

I’m also not able to see the igconfig.json file?

Thanks

M: 07565193488

--
ImageGlass community
www.imageglass.org

Conner Drury

May 30, 2024, 6:44:29 PMMay 30
to ImageGlass Community
igconfig.admin.json in program data. That's the file I am unable to locate. I would like to apply the settings to all users on the device.

Conner Drury

Jun 3, 2024, 7:51:52 PMJun 3
to ImageGlass Community
Any update on this please? Thanks