Does CTRL Mousewheel to Zoom work for you in the latest release?

jpo...@hearst.com

Aug 8, 2019, 1:35:49 PM8/8/19
to ImageGlass Community
Hey! Has anyone else had trouble zooming with the mousewheel on 7.0.7.26? I'd like someone else to replicate the issue before I jump to a bugreport. Thanks!
Message has been deleted

Anon Mouse

Aug 8, 2019, 5:47:50 PM8/8/19
to ImageGlass Community
Just to be clear - you've modified the settings for Ctrl+MouseWheel to be "zoom" rather than "scroll vertically", and it's not working as you desire?

jpo...@hearst.com

Aug 8, 2019, 6:07:35 PM8/8/19
to ImageGlass Community
Negative, this is the default behavior that I am used to. This shortcut is documented here under Manipulation: https://imageglass.org/docs/ui-shortcuts-reference

Anon Mouse

Aug 8, 2019, 8:35:24 PM8/8/19
to ImageGlass Community
Understood. Off-hand, it looks like that default should still apply; you might check the settings dialog to confirm the Ctrl+ScrollWheel value hasn't changed on you [which might be another bug ...]

Unfortunately I won't be able to dig further until tomorrow.

Anon Mouse

Aug 9, 2019, 9:24:00 AM8/9/19
to ImageGlass Community
OK. Dug in my equipment stash and actually found a wheeled mouse. Fresh install of IG 7.0.7.26.

1. Initial settings are: mousewheel: zoom; ctrl+mousewheel: scroll vertical.
2. Changed ctrl+mousewheel to zoom; mousewheel to scroll vertical.

No apparent problems.

I *am* having a problem with Alt+Mousewheel: it is set to "do nothing" but seems to be activating auto-zoom?

jpo...@hearst.com

Aug 9, 2019, 9:57:37 AM8/9/19
to ImageGlass Community
You know, I'm not sure why I didn't try just mousewheel. On 7.0.7.26 I get the same behavior as you do, mousewheel to zoom, and ctrl-mousewheel to scroll vertical. I do not seem to have an interface to customize keyboard shortcuts outside of the arrow keys, page up and page down, and space and backspace. Maybe I'm missing something.

It seems that the official documentation is either out of date or incorrect then, yes? How would we go about requesting that be updated?

Anon Mouse

Aug 9, 2019, 10:09:55 AM8/9/19
to ImageGlass Community
Mousewheel customization is in the "image" section of the settings dialog. I don't know why/when the defaults were changed.

I've posted issue #601 into the github repo about the documentation; you might take a look and see if I've missed any bugs.