is it possible to see previews of .png files in the file explorer?

nab2...@gmail.com

Jan 6, 2019, 3:11:03 PM1/6/19
to ImageGlass Community
Hello!

Before posting, you can check if your questions are posted or answered.

This page is for generic questions, if you want to report a bug or
request new features, please open a topic at

Thank you for using ImageGlass!
Phap

Hello!

Before posting, you can check if your questions are posted or answered.

This page is for generic questions, if you want to report a bug or
request new features, please open a topic at

Thank you for using ImageGlass!
Phap

erf...@gmail.com

Aug 16, 2020, 5:21:38 AM8/16/20
to ImageGlass Community
I have same question and couldn't find answer from the given link.

ianp...@gmail.com

Aug 18, 2020, 8:33:17 PM8/18/20
to ImageGlass Community
Same here - Some PNGs show their thumbnails but others don't.

lifeatt...@gmail.com

Aug 19, 2020, 8:53:56 AM8/19/20
to ImageGlass Community
Could someone provide a copy of or a link to a (hopefully small) PNG file which doesn't show up as a preview?
Thanks!
Kevin

Ian Pham

Aug 19, 2020, 7:47:57 PM8/19/20
to lifeatt...@gmail.com, ImageGlass Community
I wonder if this has to do with Dropbox syncing - I have Smart Sync enabled and find that if the image (whether it's jpg, png, etc.) is in the Dropbox Cloud, the preview displays as it should.

When I double click to the view however, the image is downloaded and "synced" by Dropbox, which is when I see the preview revert to the ImageGlass designated icon with the Dropbox check:

image.png

Any images on my local drive do not have these preview image issues.

--
ImageGlass community
www.imageglass.org

lifeatt...@gmail.com

Aug 20, 2020, 1:21:07 PM8/20/20
to ImageGlass Community
The only thing that I've found that impacts this is a File Explorer setting.[See attached screen snap] If "Always show icons" is checked, I'll see the ImageGlass icon. If not, I'll see the thumbnail. [I can't test DropBox or Drive.]

If you change your default app to Microsoft Photos, you'd probably see the Photos icon instead of the thumbnail ...

Capture20200820.PNG