is it really that lightweight?

tuti...@gmail.com

Aug 23, 2018, 12:02:20 AM8/23/18
to ImageGlass Community
it seems a bit sluggish vs the windows default photo viewer.
if possible please update so we can have it bare bones if we want so it can be faster.

lifeatt...@gmail.com

Aug 24, 2018, 11:11:32 AM8/24/18
to ImageGlass Community
>it seems a bit sluggish vs the windows default photo viewer.

Could you be a little more specific about how it seems "sluggish"?
Slow to start?
Slow moving through images?
Slow to find images when opening a folder?
Slow to pan across a large image?

If we have a better idea of what's wrong, we can come up with a better plan.

pedrogo...@gmail.com

Aug 30, 2018, 8:41:02 PM8/30/18
to ImageGlass Community
To me I'm 100% sure this program takes too much time starting. I click to open a image and it just takes it's time. But I think, not entirely sure, that this only happens the first time when I turn on the computer, after a restart the first time is slow again.

Dương Diệu Pháp

Aug 31, 2018, 12:01:59 PM8/31/18
to pedrogo...@gmail.com, ImageGlass Community
One of the big cons of .NET Framework is slow launch in the first time when OS restarted
because it will compile CIL to native code and load it to memory then execute the app.

I just did some improvements, take advantage of Multicore JIT in .NET Framework 4.5+
IG will create Startup Profile file to store the configs for the previous compilation.
You can try the latest build here: https://imageglass.org/moon

Thanks
Phap

--