ImageGlass asks to insert disk D: whenever it starts

kvadr...@gmail.com

Nov 24, 2019, 7:56:00 AM11/24/19
to ImageGlass Community
Hello,

Whenever I start ImageGlass, either by opening any sort of file or by starting the program directly, the only thing that appears on the screen is a popup from igcmd.exe requesting that I insert disk D: into my disk drive. Whichever option I pick ("OK", "Repeat" or even "Cancel"), the popup immediately reopens. I've tried repairing the installation via the installer and manually deleting and installing the program. ImageGlass worked properly previously. I am not sure after what action this problem appeared. After looking through the various configuration files (but not the registry as I don't know where to look) I haven't found any mention of a path that would reference disk D:. The problem persisted after I have manually deleted the LastSeenImagePath setting. The files igcmd.exe and ImageGlass.exe exist. What could have gone wrong?

Unfortunately I have a Russian locale installed so the message is in Russian: "В устройстве нет диска. Вставьте диск в устройство D:." (roughly translated, "Device does not contain a disk. Insert a disk into device D:."). The title is "igcmd.exe - Диск отсутствует" ("Disk missing").

Thank you.

Anon Mouse

Nov 24, 2019, 10:39:27 AM11/24/19
to image...@googlegroups.com
You don't mention which version of ImageGlass you are using.

I'd seen this (or a similar) problem in the past, and thought I fixed it. You might take a look at Issue #360 in Github, and tell me if it looks like the same problem.

For me, I could cause the problem by the following steps:
1. Have a DVD mounted in drive D:
2. Run image glass, view some images
3. Eject the DVD (un-mount drive D:)
And on next time running ImageGlass, I'd get the "no disk" errors.  A Windows reboot seemed to fix it, until next time.

I attempted an IG repair which should have been released in IG 6.0.12.29 - if you're using that or the 7.0.7.26 release, then I probably need to revisit this issue.

Let us know ... Thanks!

P.S. - Oh yeah, try disabling the "check for update" setting in IG - Settings, General.

kvadr...@gmail.com

Nov 27, 2019, 10:43:51 AM11/27/19
to ImageGlass Community
Thank you for your response and sorry for the long pause.

I am using version 7.0.7.26, the latest as of writing. While I have a disk drive installed, I do not remember using it since installing ImageGlass, although I could've forgotten. This problem has persisted through several reboots.
Fortunately, I have gotten my hands on a DVD and simply inserting it into the drive seems to have fixed the problem - IG works normally with and without the drive now.

If needed, I can send the related logs as long as someone tells me where to look for them.

Anon Mouse

Nov 27, 2019, 11:34:43 AM11/27/19
to ImageGlass Community
Thank you for the update! This one has been a mystery to me. Since you mentioned it is with "igcmd.exe", not ImageGlass.exe, then it seems my fix was incomplete.  I'll work on that.

I wish I could tell you where the logs were, but alas, we don't have any ...

My apologies for the inconvenience. I'm glad you were able to work around it!
Kevin

Phap Duong

Nov 30, 2019, 3:53:48 AM11/30/19
to ImageGlass Community