Sorting Photos

Huskey

Sep 2, 2023, 9:25:56 PM9/2/23
to ImageGlass Community
Hi there.
I've just installed ImageGlass 8.9, and I like it well so far. The only problem, and for me, it is a major one, I couldn't figure out how to sort the images according to the date when they were taken. This is my only sorting criteria, not file name, modification date, etc. Is the “date taken photo sorting” possible?
Your help is very much appreciated. Thanks.

Duong Dieu Phap

Sep 3, 2023, 12:18:27 AM9/3/23
to ImageGlass Community
Unfortunately, ImageGlass currently is not supporting sorting by the taken date from.
I will consider adding it in the future.

--
ImageGlass community
www.imageglass.org

Huskey

Sep 8, 2023, 7:04:14 PM9/8/23
to ImageGlass Community
It would be really great to scroll through story pictures from beginning to now, i.e. scroll through a child's life from birth to now, to review a sports event from beginning to end, etc., etc. Simply to go through an experience as it happened in chronological order.

Sergio

Dec 30, 2023, 11:26:20 AM12/30/23
to ImageGlass Community
1703896778664blob.jpg
I had the same issue since upgrading to v9.  Check that you have these options enabled in Settings which now work for me since updating to (Windows) 9.*.1230

Huskey

Dec 30, 2023, 7:54:15 PM12/30/23
to ImageGlass Community
@Sergio
Thanks for your post. Unfortunately, your solution doesn't work for me because there is a difference between “Date taken” and “Date created”. I hope the developer reads this post, and in that case I would add the word “Please”.

ImageGlass Community

Jan 7, 2024, 12:12:51 AMJan 7
to ImageGlass Community
As of now, IG only supports Explorer sort order by name, file extension, or file size: https://imageglass.org/docs/features#limitations
While Explorer support sorting file with EXIF data ("Date Taken", "Rating", ...), IG does not. It will take longer time to retrieve the data and sort it.

I still want to add support for sorting by EXIF data but there is no fixed plan.

Phap