"Learn more" button, skip ad button, and ad timer cropped

Karen

Oct 20, 2021, 12:04:04 AM10/20/21
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hello,

We've encountered this issue after updating to IMA SDK 3.14.3, in which the ad elements are outside of the safe area.

Is there any way to position the ad elements inside it?

Screenshot 2021-10-20 at 11.51.10 AM.png

Thanks,
Karen

IMA SDK

Oct 20, 2021, 5:17:34 AM10/20/21
to tolent...@mediacorp.com.sg, ima...@googlegroups.com

Hi Karen,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

I believe you are using iOS SDK [client-side] base on the version you provided, is that correct? However, I could not replicate the behavior you are reporting. Would you be able to replicate it using our sample apps? And share with us the screen recording of the behavior and/or the steps to reproduce this issue? Additionally, it would be best if you can update to the latest version of the SDK (v3.14.5) in replicating the issue.

Regards,

Google Logo
Michael Angelo Legaspi
IMA SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2PL5bE:ref

Karen

Oct 20, 2021, 6:39:34 AM10/20/21
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi Michael,

Yes, I am using the iOS SDK. I tried upgrading to the latest v3.14.5 but the issue still exists.

I can also replicate it in the AdvancedExample sample app, with the latest SDK. Kindly see below the recording.
IMG_6558.MOV

IMA SDK

Oct 20, 2021, 11:28:05 AM10/20/21
to tolent...@mediacorp.com.sg, ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi Karen,

Thank you for the response. We were able to see the video and would like to know what phone you are testing with. It does look a bit close to the side, but also seems like the phone is partially covering up some of the elements.

Regards,
Google Logo
William Pescherine
IMA SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2PL5bE:ref

Karen

Oct 20, 2021, 8:47:10 PM10/20/21
to Interactive Media Ads SDK

Hi William

It's iPhone 11, and yes that's the issue I reported, the "Learn more" button, skip ad button, and ad timer cropped, are outside of the safe area.

Thanks,
Karen

IMA SDK

Oct 20, 2021, 10:07:46 PM10/20/21
to tolent...@mediacorp.com.sg, ima...@googlegroups.com

Hi Karen,

Thank you for sharing the screen recording, we can now see clearly the issue you are reporting. However, I believe this is only happening when in landscape mode, is that correct? Nonetheless, I have raised this now to the rest of our team and we will update you the soonest they give their feedbacks.

Regards,

Google Logo
Michael Angelo Legaspi
IMA SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2PL5bE:ref

Karen

Oct 20, 2021, 10:18:33 PM10/20/21
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi Michael,

Yes only for landscape mode.

Thanks,
Karen

Harry Jeffs

Nov 14, 2021, 10:12:13 PM11/14/21
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
We are having the same issue in both portrait & landscape on a variety of screen sizes. We could re-produce the issue on SDK 3.14.4 & 3.14.5.

IMG_8062.PNG
In portrait mode the "Learn More" goes behind the status bar making it un-tappable.

Hope this input helps in fixing the bug.

Fardin Elias

Nov 15, 2021, 12:08:31 AM11/15/21
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
I was able to get this working by setting a top constraint on the ad view with a constant value equal to the height of the status bar and updating the constraint constant value in viewWillLayoutSubviews and viewWillTransitionToSize. Hope this helps.

- (void)updateTopConstraint {

    if (UIDeviceOrientationIsLandscape([UIDevice currentDevice].orientation)) {

self.topConstraint.constant = 0;

  } else {

self.topConstraint.constant = self.statusBarHeight;

    }

}

IMA SDK

Nov 15, 2021, 4:26:59 AM11/15/21
to harry...@sen.com.au, ima...@googlegroups.com

Hi Harry,

Thank you for the additional information. This will definitely help in our investigation.

@Fardin, Thank you for providing a possible workaround. However, I cannot confirm this until our team has responded back to the issue.

We will be certain to let everyone know once we have the result of the investigation.

Regards,

IMA SDK

Jun 27, 2023, 4:31:45 PM6/27/23
to harry...@sen.com.au, ima...@googlegroups.com

Hi All,

I hope you're doing well.

I just want to circle back on this reported behavior. If you still encountering this behavior, feel free to reach back to us. We also recommend to use the latest SDK version (https://developers.google.com/interactive-media-ads/docs/sdks/ios/client-side/download).

This message is in relation to case "ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2PL5bE:ref"

Thanks,

Google Logo IMA SDK Team

Sumanta Roy

Oct 10, 2023, 7:42:19 PM10/10/23
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi IMA SDK team,

Even we face the same issue with AVPlayerViewController and IMA SDK version 3.19.2. Attaching a screenshot here, could you please advice on how to overcome this or is it something which will be fixed in a future release ?

Learn more-20230927-060918.png

IMA SDK

Oct 11, 2023, 4:28:12 PM10/11/23
to suman...@backlight.co, ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sumanta,

Thanks for letting us know that this issue is still occurring, even in our latest release. I've reached out to our engineering team for an update and will respond again when they get back to me.

Thanks,

Greg Schoppe

Sumanta Roy

Oct 31, 2023, 1:28:59 AM10/31/23
to Interactive Media Ads SDK

Hi,

Do we have any update on this ?

wave20...@gmail.com

Nov 16, 2023, 9:33:49 PM11/16/23
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi Team,
         We have the same issue that Learn more button, skip ad button, and ad timer cropped for ios Pro Max. Used the sample that your team provided (https://github.com/googleads/googleads-ima-ios-dai/releases). the IMA SDK version is 3.19.1.
Please take a look at the following picture for the problem.
截屏2023-11-17 上午10.26.23.png

 Any reply related to this question would be very appreciated.

Thanks,
Haibo LI

IMA SDK

Nov 20, 2023, 10:45:07 AM11/20/23
to wave20...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately, I still don't have a fix for this issue from our Eng team. I have requested an update, and will let you know when I hear back.

thanks,

Greg Schoppe
IMA SDK Team

ref:!00D1U01174p.!5004Q02PL5bE:ref

Kevin Gracia

Nov 23, 2023, 9:48:18 PM11/23/23
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hello, I have the same issue on different iPhone versions that can undergo testing: iPhone 12, 13 Pro, 14, 14 Plus, 14 Pro, 14 Pro Max. Thanks to the Google Team for the support. I subscribe to the conversation for updates, and my team will also be actively seeking a solution.Screenshot 2023-11-20 at 17.55.31 copy.png
Message has been deleted

IMA SDK

Nov 27, 2023, 11:12:14 AM11/27/23
to keving...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com
Hello Kevin,

This is Jackson from the IMA SDK team, stepping in for Greg who is out of office.

Thanks for the update about the issue. I will add the information you shared to the case the IMA eng team is currently working on. I don't have any updates currently, but will reply to this thread when I do.

Thank you,
Jackson
IMA SDK team

ref:!00D1U01174p.!5004Q02PL5bE:ref

Dane christian Neilson

Nov 27, 2023, 8:05:05 PM11/27/23
to Interactive Media Ads SDK

DIRECT SENDER IS HERE LETS DEAL.

Dane Christian Neilson

MT103/202 DIRECT WIRE TRANSFER
PAYPAL TRANSFER
CASHAPP TRANSFER
ZELLE TRANSFER
TRANSFER WISE
WESTERN UNION TRANSFER
BITCOIN FLASHING
BANK ACCOUNT LOADING/FLASHING
IBAN TO IBAN TRANSFER
MONEYGRAM TRANSFER
SLBC PROVIDER
CREDIT CARD TOP UP
SEPA TRANSFER
WIRE TRANSFER
GLOBALPAY INC US

Thanks.

NOTE; ONLY SERIOUS / RELIABLE RECEIVERS CAN CONTACT.

DM ME ON WHATSAPP FOR A SERIOUS DEAL.

+14234753476

IMA SDK

Apr 9, 2024, 12:57:56 PMApr 9
to ima...@googlegroups.com, keving...@gmail.com
Hi Kevin,

I just wanted to let you know that our latest version of the IMA SDK for iOS, (v3.22.0), all ad overlays should be constrained to the safe areas of the screen.
We believe this should resolve the cropping issue.

Thanks,