universalAdIds empty [IOS]

Alexander

Apr 16, 2021, 9:07:33 AM4/16/21
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi,

I'm currently using the iOS IMA SDK v3.11.3 which plays the ads just fine.
However, on certain callbacks it seems that the list of universalAdsIds doesn't contain the correct values.

In my implementation of the IMAAdsManagerDelegate, inside of :

    func adsManager(_ adsManager: IMAAdsManager!, didReceive event: IMAAdEvent!)

If I check the contents of the received event (breakpoint first line of that function) using the console in Xcode I get the following:
Screenshot 2021-04-16 at 15.00.17.png
As you can see the list of universalAdIds does contain an (one) entry, but the values inside that entry are empty strings. (Which is even something different then the "unknown" value stated by the documentation)

If I check the deprecated values (universalAdIdValue) I can see the values represented correctly.
Screenshot 2021-04-12 at 12.39.19.png

Is this due to something that internally goes wrong? As all other values are represented correctly inside the given IMAAdEvent.

Note: using the following ad tag from the sample page.

Kind regards,
Alexander

IMA SDK

Apr 16, 2021, 1:35:16 PM4/16/21
to alexand...@hotmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alexander,

I replicated what you saw and this is probably intended behavior. The VMAP you used doesn't have a <UniversalAdId> element, the deprecated method just replaces it with the <CreativeId> element that matches its UniversalAdId and the new array has one element that has nil values. If I take one of our sample ad tags response and load it in the request instead of the URL of the ad tag then UniversalAdIdValue comes out with "unknown" and the array has 0 elements. If I host the sample elsewhere and load it the same thing happens.

If you have a correctly set up <UniversalAdId> element in your ad tag and the SDK doesn't return the adIdValue and adIdRegistry please get back to us.

Regards,

Google Logo
Aryeh Baker
IMA SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2FZ8Ea:ref

Alexander

Apr 19, 2021, 5:48:55 AM4/19/21
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi Aryeh,

I just retested this using a VAST 4.2 tag from IAB that has multiple <UniversalAdId> values.
The iOS IMA SDK seems to detect the number of entries, but again each value is empty.
The deprecated methods correctly take the values of the first entry.

Screenshot 2021-04-19 at 11.30.05.png

If I compare this to the Android SDK (3.18.1), the values are filled in correctly.

Screenshot 2021-04-19 at 11.47.03.png

Would you mind sharing an ad-tag that doesn't have the observed behaviour?

Additionally, I did some further comparison using the ad tag used in my message above (no <UniversalAdId> entries).
If I compare the outcome with the SDK's of other platforms I observe the following inconsistency:

using Android IMA SDK: 3.18.1
After implementing the AdEventListener and overriding following function:

    @Override
    public void onAdEvent(AdEvent adEvent) {
           //breakpoint here

I can observe the following in the debugger:

Screenshot 2021-04-19 at 10.49.15.png

Similarly, using the latest HTML5 SDK I observer the following when receiving an AdEvent:

Screenshot 2021-04-19 at 10.59.48.png

So both the Android and HTML5 SDK are able to fill in the values using the creativeID and adSystem values.

Kind regards,
Alexander

IMA SDK

Apr 19, 2021, 12:23:39 PM4/19/21
to alexand...@hotmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alexander,

Thank you for reporting this, I replicated this issue with your instructions in our iOS client side SDK using our Basic Sample app and brought this up with my team. We will get back to you as soon as we have more actionable information.

IMA SDK

Jun 24, 2021, 6:44:37 AM6/24/21
to alexand...@hotmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

I hope you're doing well.

I just want to circle back on this. Could you please confirm if you still encounter the reported issue here?

Regards,
Google Logo
Teejay Wennie Pimentel
IMA SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2FZ8Ea:ref

Alexander Vanspauwen

Jul 1, 2021, 7:43:42 AM7/1/21
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi Teejay,

Thanks for coming back on this!
I just retested this and can confirm that the issue is resolved.
When I now check the callback of ad-related events it contains the correct universalAdIDs (see below)

Screenshot 2021-07-01 at 13.39.33.png

Thanks again and kind regards,

Alexander

IMA SDK

Jul 1, 2021, 9:25:28 PM7/1/21
to alexander....@theoplayer.com, ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alexander,

Thank you for the update. Glad that the issue is now resolved. We will be closing this case.

Feel free to come back to us when you encounter another IMA SDK related issue.

Regards,
Google Logo
Michael Angelo Legaspi