Customized ad controls

gouravg...@gmail.com

Oct 21, 2020, 3:28:10 AM10/21/20
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi

We have implementated client-side integration of IMA in android for playing video ads( both pre roll and mid roll using VAST and VMAP tag).The ad ui contains Learnmore on top right corner and Ad text on left bottom.

We want to customize ad ui.Is there any way to override these views or is there any way to add new views to adUi Container like play/pause button , seekbar etc.
And also can we customized skipAd View too?

Thanks
Gourav Goyal

IMA SDK

Oct 21, 2020, 4:34:01 AM10/21/20
to gouravg...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com

Hi Gourav,

The SDK doesn’t support changing or customizing any UI elements such as the “Ad” text, Skip button and the “Learn more” button. However, if you are planning to add a view above the AdDisplayContainer, it might be useful to check this documentation regarding the Open Measurement implementation with the SDK to register video controls overlays on the ad display container.

Please let me know if that helps.

Regards,

Google Logo
Sherwin Diesta
IMA SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q26AwTR:ref

gouravg...@gmail.com

Feb 25, 2021, 1:39:41 AM2/25/21
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi

Is any method available now to customize ui elements like learnmore or skip button?

Or is there any way to hide learn more button?

Thanks
Gourav Goyal

IMA SDK

Feb 25, 2021, 8:49:01 AM2/25/21
to gouravg...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gourav,

I work with Sherwin and will assist you. We don't have a supported way for you to remove or customize the "Learn More" or "Skip".

Regards,

Google Logo
Aryeh Baker
IMA SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q26AwTR:ref

Gourav goyal

May 25, 2021, 2:12:16 PM5/25/21
to IMA SDK, ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Earlier Ima did not used to have functionality of customizing ui components.
But i now came through this document which enables customization for ui components->

What version of Ima should i use for using this functionality?

Thanks
Gourav Goyal

IMA SDK

May 25, 2021, 2:48:07 PM5/25/21
to gouravg...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gourav,

This forum doesn't support the unlisted link to UI customization and there will not be a path forward currently to remove the IMA owned UI.