PAL SDK, not able to figure out how to play an ad.

Paras Kathpal

Jul 9, 2024, 9:34:30 AM (7 days ago) Jul 9
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi,
I have made an ad request through fetch call after adding nonce to the ad tag URL.
I have got a response in which a VAST tag is present.
I am not able to figure it out how can I play that ad.
How can I stitch that ad to the player.
The code reference given on the Documentation page is not much clear.

Thanks

IMA SDK

Jul 9, 2024, 4:24:53 PM (6 days ago) Jul 9
to ima...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Thank you for getting back to us.

I will check with our team regarding your issue and one of my team members will reach out to you once we have an update on this. Meanwhile, your patience is highly appreciated.

This message is in relation to case "ref:!00D1U01174p.!5004Q02tJoxS:ref" (ADR-00245795)

Thanks,

Google Logo IMA SDK Team

IMA SDK

Jul 9, 2024, 5:00:57 PM (6 days ago) Jul 9
to ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi Paras,

The PAL SDK is a very minimal library, designed to produce a nonce that can be attached to an Ad request, and allowing you to forward specific app interactions to Ad Manager. It does not handle parsing the returned VAST, VMAP, or Ads Playlist XML or stitching these ads into your video player. The PAL SDK is designed specifically for publishers who have developed (or need to develop) their own VAST-compatible ad solution, and wish to add support for Google Ad Manager programmatic ads.

The IMA SDK is our full-featured video ad library, which manages requests, stitching, playback, and signalling. We recommend that users only choose the PAL SDK if their use case is somehow incompatible with the IMA SDK.

Thanks,

Greg Schoppe
IMA SDK Team