[ima-sdk] Issue with Android HLS DAI contentSourceId in Sample

gourav...@gmail.com

Apr 29, 2021, 6:52:07 AM4/29/21
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi There,

I was trying a content (Big Buck Bunny) from Android DAI Sample. I can see an issue with this content.

AssetId: sN_IYUG8STe1ZzhIIE_ksA

Steps:
1. Open tears-of-steel.
2. Let the Ad Play (3 ads)
3. Let it play for 5-10 times.
4. You should see playback error.

Error Log:

2021-04-29 15:20:25.508 27749-27749/com.google.ads.interactivemedia.v3.samples.videoplayerapp E/IMASDK: Received displayContainer message: hide for invalid session id: 0400d24c-5cdf-49f6-8425-e818cc53ac8e
2021-04-29 15:22:14.108 27749-28017/com.google.ads.interactivemedia.v3.samples.videoplayerapp E/ExoPlayerImplInternal: Playback error
      com.google.android.exoplayer2.ExoPlaybackException: Unexpected runtime error
        at com.google.android.exoplayer2.ExoPlayerImplInternal.handleMessage(ExoPlayerImplInternal.java:586)
        at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:102)
        at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:193)
        at android.os.HandlerThread.run(HandlerThread.java:65)
     Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException
        at com.google.android.exoplayer2.util.Assertions.checkState(Assertions.java:86)
        at com.google.android.exoplayer2.source.hls.HlsMediaChunk.getFirstSampleIndex(HlsMediaChunk.java:319)
        at com.google.android.exoplayer2.source.hls.HlsSampleStreamWrapper.skipData(HlsSampleStreamWrapper.java:638)
        at com.google.android.exoplayer2.source.hls.HlsSampleStream.skipData(HlsSampleStream.java:86)
        at com.google.android.exoplayer2.BaseRenderer.skipSource(BaseRenderer.java:427)
        at com.google.android.exoplayer2.video.MediaCodecVideoRenderer.maybeDropBuffersToKeyframe(MediaCodecVideoRenderer.java:1059)
        at com.google.android.exoplayer2.video.MediaCodecVideoRenderer.processOutputBuffer(MediaCodecVideoRenderer.java:891)
        at com.google.android.exoplayer2.mediacodec.MediaCodecRenderer.drainOutputBuffer(MediaCodecRenderer.java:1854)
        at com.google.android.exoplayer2.mediacodec.MediaCodecRenderer.render(MediaCodecRenderer.java:824)
        at com.google.android.exoplayer2.ExoPlayerImplInternal.doSomeWork(ExoPlayerImplInternal.java:947)
        at com.google.android.exoplayer2.ExoPlayerImplInternal.handleMessage(ExoPlayerImplInternal.java:477)
        at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:102)
        at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:193)
        at android.os.HandlerThread.run(HandlerThread.java:65)
2021-04-29 15:23:52.016 27749-27749/com.google.ads.interactivemedia.v3.samples.videoplayerapp E/ConstraintLayout: layout_constraintHeight_default="wrap" is deprecated.
    Use layout_height="WRAP_CONTENT" and layout_constrainedHeight="true" instead

-Thanks
Gourav

IMA SDK

Apr 29, 2021, 11:22:05 AM4/29/21
to gourav...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gourav,

I followed your steps in an API 30 emulator with our latest Advanced Example and didn't see that error happen. I am assuming that your step 3 was to let it run continuously. Are there any other steps to take to see this error?

Also, what was your issue with Big Buck Bunny, is it the same issue?

Regards,

Google Logo
Aryeh Baker
IMA SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2GIa2x:ref

Gourav Saxena

Apr 29, 2021, 12:37:38 PM4/29/21
to IMA SDK, ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi Aryeh,

I will suggest trying it on a real device please. Step-3 is, you need to keep it playing, let the ad playback happen for more than 4-5 times.

Regards,
Gourav

IMA SDK

Apr 29, 2021, 1:21:38 PM4/29/21
to gourav...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gourav,

I tested on a Xiaomi Mi A2 Android 10, API 29 device and didn't see this error. Can you tell me more how you can get to this error?

Gourav Saxena

Apr 30, 2021, 12:59:01 AM4/30/21
to IMA SDK, ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi Aryeh,

Steps are the same but if I will share the video then also it will not be helpful for you.

I can suggest you try more. I am using an Android 9 device.

Regards,
Gourav

IMA SDK

Apr 30, 2021, 3:33:07 AM4/30/21
to gourav...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com

Hi Gourav,

I work along with Aryeh, let me help you in this.

I tested this scenario on Google Pixel 3 XL Android 11 device and could not replicate the issue. Are we missing something in steps to reproduce this case?

Sharing the screen recording of this behavior could help us.

Regards,

Google Logo
Michael Angelo Legaspi
IMA SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2GIa2x:ref

Gourav Saxena

Apr 30, 2021, 6:26:56 AM4/30/21
to IMA SDK, ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi Michael,

Please check the video.

Regards,
Gourav

IMA SDK

Apr 30, 2021, 3:22:13 PM4/30/21
to gourav...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gourav,

Thank you for the video, I noticed your network is slow. When using a Pixel 4 API 30 emulator and throttling to network type "HSDPA" and signal strength "Poor" I was able to replicate the error. I made a bug in the Exoplayer Github issue tracker here - https://github.com/google/ExoPlayer/issues/8890. Feel free to contribute.

Regards,

Google Logo
Aryeh Baker
IMA SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2GIa2x:ref

Gourav Saxena

May 3, 2021, 4:14:52 AM5/3/21
to IMA SDK, ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi Aryeh,

Thanks for taking this up with the ExoPlayer team.

Is the title of the issue correct because I don't see behindLiveWindowException in this case.

Regards,
Gourav

IMA SDK

May 3, 2021, 6:11:23 AM5/3/21
to gourav...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com

Hi Gourav,

I work with Aryeh but I have no write access to the issue posted on github about your case. I did not replicated the issue on my side, but upon researching behindLiveWindowException is an error thrown if the player attempts to request a segment that is no longer available which might be caused by an insufficient bandwidth, and it seems like it is relatable to your case, and this must be something Aryeh encountered on testing, hence the title error.

If you have any suggestion please share and I will forward your directions to him.

Regards,

Google Logo
Michael Angelo Legaspi
IMA SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2GIa2x:ref

Gourav Saxena

May 3, 2021, 6:14:24 AM5/3/21
to IMA SDK, ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi Michael,

Thanks. I think this issue is with assetId but yes, lets see once Aryeh checks it.

Regards,
Gourav

IMA SDK

May 3, 2021, 9:46:22 AM5/3/21
to gourav...@gmail.com, ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gourav,

Thank you for catching the mistake in the bug, I fixed the header.

Regarding the "session Id" message, although this message consistently came before the crash this message comes without the error too without throttling. Since this message is consistently there before the crash you can add that information to the bug.